I feel these needs fixing for next patch

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

I feel these needs fixing for next patch

Post by Neilsouth »

1) When sleeping and i trigger an event ( woken up by noise ) ive seen enemies appear in areas they shouldn't be in. For example i slept outside and i saw three enemies appear in the deep forest unable to get out going back and forth trapped. I was in the dungeon and enemies appeared in the bricked off tomb's or enemies appeared in between large spikey rocks noway to get out and noway for me to get to them.

2) Also enemies shouldn't appear right behind me if im in an enclosed room with the door shut , how did that thug walk through the wall behind me :lol:
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

1) Agreed. I encounter the same situation before.

2) It would be nice if this is implemented. 8)
vid
Senior Steward

Re: I feel these needs fixing for next patch

Post by vid »

Neilsouth wrote: 2) Also enemies shouldn't appear right behind me if im in an enclosed room with the door shut , how did that thug walk through the wall behind me :lol:
he sneaked up on you from behind!
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

vid wrote: he sneaked up on you from behind!
Well duh , i personally feel they shouldn't if the door to the room is shut or atleast the door should open if an enemy appears in the room with you.
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

Neilsouth wrote:
vid wrote: he sneaked up on you from behind!
Well duh , i personally feel they shouldn't if the door to the room is shut or atleast the door should open if an enemy appears in the room with you.
Why, as you may have the skill to "hide in shadow" why not another thief.
And as we all learned from horror movies, it is possible to open a door, sneak into the room and close the door unnoticed by someone in the room. ;)

seriously, i think your first point is more important.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Nielsouth:

Both are already fixed in 1.03. Thanks guys! :wink:
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

Awsome , thankyou 8)
screeg
Marshall

Post by screeg »

I had an interesting encounter while resting in the second floor of the house in the ruins right where you start. A group of goblins appeared, one of whom was behind the locked door. He kindly opened it for me from the inside, so I didn't have to spend another day blasting at it.
Cyclopean - an HP Lovecraft inspired Role-Playing Game
Randal
Pledge

Post by Randal »

Hi!

I don't know why haven't we put the same scrolls the same blocks, when can do this with the potions and ingredients.

I mean, if i see this the realistic way, it's easier to put two-three scrolls to the same place than potions:)

So if we can put the these things to one block, why can't we put the scrolls too?

Oh! And why can't i put the game to 1024*768 resolution?
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

The max resolution for this game is at 800x600. So the other higher resolutions are unavailable.

Ya, it's true that right now you can't stack up the same spell scrolls up like the way potions of the same type do. Maybe we'll see it in the future?
tungprc
Marshall

Post by tungprc »

My wish for the 1.03 patch is to make all potions auto-stack when found. It's tedious stacking potions and ingredients manually. I hope BW gets some time to implement this, but it's not a game breaker.
Flying Mage
Pledge

Post by Flying Mage »

1. It will be nice if char continue walking when I point cursor on object. So if I click on chest – char must walk to chest and then open it.
2. It will be very nice if char walk to certain point by CLICK and follow the cursor by HOLDING LMB.
3. If cursor moves to edge of screen char MUST run.
4. I forced to read/turn ALL pages of any book before I can close it. Nonsense.
5. I can’t go back in my journal. If a want to read prev pages I need to do #4 and open journal again. It’s just stupid.
6. Small items of same type (like alchemy ingredients) must grouping in one stack automatically.

Guys, your game rules but try to fix it up somehow.
Thanks.
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

Flying Mage wrote: 2. It will be very nice if char walk to certain point by CLICK and follow the cursor by HOLDING LMB.
try pressing the middle (third) mouse button
Effidian
Steward

Post by Effidian »

Flying Mage wrote: 2. It will be very nice if char walk to certain point by CLICK and follow the cursor by HOLDING LMB.
This works for me. I just hold down the LMB and the character follows the cursor.
Flying Mage
Pledge

Post by Flying Mage »

Of course he follows. But I suggest one more way to travel - just by click, like it was in almost every game before. It does not disable "follow mode", but makes alternative.