Homing NCPs

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Homing NCPs

Post by PhilosophiX »

Is there any way to stop the NCPs from wandering off and never coming back to their shop... or at least somehow get them to go back home at somepoint, rather than staying in the middle of the wilderness... or whatever odd place they do end up?

(after the second time I saw him) The Blackwater smith, was never out the church opposite... always felt a bit weird having to buy my armor in the church; a deeply religious man he must have been... or my high Merchant skill was depressing him! Similarly I've seen the Bordertown NCPs wandering off into the wilderness never to return.

I mention it because I saw other peeps mentioning it on the other forum and it reminded me, it is a bit of a pain.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

For my game, i notice that the priest of the town of aridell likes to take walks outside the church.

:wink:
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

The game does feature a "homing" code that tells NPCs to wander home when they get too far from their starting tile. Maybe I should also add at certain times of day they should track home as well.