Couple more bugs (1.03 original)

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Couple more bugs (1.03 original)

Post by GSV3MiaC »

1) You can stack 'unknown' items with know item and ID the whole stack (ectoplasm for instance). I mean most things are obvious just from the picture..

2) Somehow, someway, my character got stuck in 'haste mode' (2 moves to everyone else's one). I think this was reported earlier. I may have drunk a hast3 potion before my hast2 had expired... not sure what else I could have done.

3) OK, my alchemy skill is 20 .. why can't I make 'heal V' or enchant armour and weapons to +4??

4) Annoying the weight/strength test doesn't truncate. I have 0.2 Lb gloves, and a 7 lb bow, and it says I'm overweight (Str 21). If I put my Str to 22 or 23 it still won't play ball .. I have to go to 24. Now that's mean, if you are rounding down 23/3 to 7, why not round down 7.2 to 7?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

#1 was on purpose- if you have known items, you can compare your 'unknown' items with them via stacking to learn them.

#2 - I'll look into this. Anyone else seen the "never-ending haste" issue?

#3 - You've reached the top of the skill there. Book II will have a much more expansive Alchemy system.

#4 - Um, I'm sorry? :) I am going to put greater fidelity on things like this in Book II, so you can really see every single point make a difference, no matter how small.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

1) OK

2) Let me know if you need a save game (and if so what format you want, and where to send it).

3) I think you mean I reached the top at 15 .. no? Which you can do rather easily with two brewmaster rings, 5 points of training, one book, and wo actual skill points. I was surprised Brewmaster rings stack like that.

4) OK, I'll let you off. Guess I'll have to increase Str to 24 then, to avoid the annoying messages. If I ever find better gloves I might need even more.