Strange Amulet Bug

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
fconolly
Pledge

Strange Amulet Bug

Post by fconolly »

Not really a bug as such...more a plot hole. I happened to go into the repository first before doing the Lilith quest to get the stinger. I still have the amulet but it is now named Passkey 26 and I can't show it to Lilith. It says I no longer have the amulet. Passkey 26 should still trigger the dialogue with her I feel!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

You're right. I'll see if I can fix that. However, now that you have the amulet and presumably the other thing, you no longer need to speak with Lilith. Just follow the note you found in the vault and continue.
fconolly
Pledge

Post by fconolly »

Cheers for the prompt reply. Just wondering if I might be mising out on a bit of XP though :?

Really love the game...something very compelling about these old school RPGs. However one big gripe I have is about trekking across the maps...I reckon I spend most of my game time trekking from one side to another! I know about quick travel but it's not quite enough. Can be quite boring as there are no random encounters.

As a suggestion have a look at Genforge games. (http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/) They have a nice map system whereby if you have cleared a route through a map you can quick travel to any map side. Would be nice to see this in your next game.

Also a world map showing your position would be cool :)

Great game though...keep up the good work!
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

Yes, you'll be missing out some XP. But don't worry, i think it's between 300-500 XP.
thenateos
Pledge

Re: Strange Amulet Bug

Post by thenateos »

Hey !

Sorry to dig up this old topic, but I think I've got a bug concerning Lilith.
I have the strange amulet in my inventory, but Lilith never tells me anything about it, and she never gave me the quest of the Hive Queen.

As I've accepted the quest to kill her and, I think, I've already killed the Hive Queen (I got the Hive Queen Sting), is this normal ?
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

thenateos wrote:Hey !

I have the strange amulet in my inventory, but Lilith never tells me anything about it, and she never gave me the quest of the Hive Queen.

As I've accepted the quest to kill her and, I think, I've already killed the Hive Queen (I got the Hive Queen Sting), is this normal ?
Your supposed to get the quest to kill the Hive Queen from Lilith. If it was in your inventory when you first saw her, then she/game thinks you've had it and succeeded.

Things like this happen when a player is allowed to wander where ever they want to when they want to. At least that's my story. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
thenateos
Pledge

Post by thenateos »

Dragonlady wrote:Things like this happen when a player is allowed to wander where ever they want to when they want to. At least that's my story. :lol:
Yes you're right, but things like this should be anticipated by the game and quests updated as well. That's what happens in most of the games that allow players to wander freely.
I just hope that it will not have too much impact, particularly on the use of this amulet.

Thanx for your reply Dragonlady.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

thenateos wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:
thenateos wrote:Hey !

Things like this happen when a player is allowed to wander where ever they want to when they want to. At least that's my story. :lol:
Yes you're right, but things like this should be anticipated by the game and quests updated as well. That's what happens in most of the games that allow players to wander freely.
FWIW, I think you are correct.

I've got a draft of a "remaining bugs in Book I" list, and I think this (and the original post in this thread) are worthy additions to it.
(Eventually, I'll post this Book I bugs list too - maybe over Winter Break...)