could we get...

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
gmit
Pledge

could we get...

Post by gmit »

...an option to resize game window (simple bitmap stretch)? I don't want to play it full screen, while the window is way too small on my notebook's display. :(

...some experience points when a door or a barrel is destroyed?
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Most sane graphics cards will do a resize if you ask for full-screen and set 800*600 .. doesn't you laptop do that?
gmit
Pledge

Post by gmit »

i didn't say it's impossible to play in full screen; i don't want to. i need to frequently switch between windows
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

gmit: We've tried a bitmap stretch...what happens then is the tiles don't line up well and we get ugly gaps between all the tiles. There's really nothing we can do to change Book I's resolution.

Book II will have at least 1024x768 resolution.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

gmit wrote:i didn't say it's impossible to play in full screen; i don't want to. i need to frequently switch between windows
But alt-tab will do that, even if one 'window' happens to be full screen. I'd have thought that on any laptop you need all the screen area you can get (for everything).
gmit
Pledge

Post by gmit »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:gmit: We've tried a bitmap stretch...what happens then is the tiles don't line up well and we get ugly gaps between all the tiles. There's really nothing we can do to change Book I's resolution.

Book II will have at least 1024x768 resolution.
I haven't meant to scale tile by tile. Scale the whole window at once!
alpha
Steward

Post by alpha »

And how about some really large screens, with 16:10 ? Lots of people own them now. And they support 1680 * 1050 and such, so is there a possibility that so much screen space will be utilized well?

I mean, you could line up ALL of the buttons and quickslots in 1 row at the top of the screen, and leave everything else for an in-game view (and POSSIBLY a some-%-transparent-movable-switchable-on-and-off-minimap (Hello, Diablo 2 :D )

Any chances?
Incinerator Fuel = Pure Ownage xD
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I will see what can be done on the next game in terms of selectable resolution and widescreen support.

gmit: To do what you suggest we would have to render to an off-screen buffer, hardware scale it, then blit it back to the screen. It might be possible, but would take some serious reworking. I will experiment with this for Book II.