[Possible bug] Multiple character saves sharing map

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Sakar
Fellowcraft Apprentice

[Possible bug] Multiple character saves sharing map

Post by Sakar »

I'm seeing some strange stuff with multiple characters sharing the same maps. I have 3 characters and I just loaded up one of my lower level guys and went to the cemetery, where this character has not yet been to, and the map is fully revealed. In fact, doors are open, chests are looted, etc but yet when I *do* still get the "flavor text" upon entering an area this character hasn't been to.

Any ideas?
VPeric
Steward

Post by VPeric »

You're probably using the same save slots... it seems that the game has problems with deleting some of the files.
Sakar
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Sakar »

Yup, I was sharing slots. Hmm, now what? I'll see if I can identify the map files and delete them to reset it.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

One thing that I would recommend is to always take an extra second to right-click on the previous save and delete it, before adding a new save to that slot.

I have put an extra error message in version 1.04 that will alert you if a save might have failed for some reason. Then you can go back in and save again, just to be sure.
Sakar
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Sakar »

So if I load up my newer character and right click an old slot, delete it, then save, will it fix the map issue? Eg when I go to the cemetery will it be "reset" for this character? thx
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

It may not fix your current problem, because the previous map somehow got included with your saved game.

If you are talking about the Eversleep crypt, you can go into your current saved game slot and delete the files "25_crypt.map", "25_crypt.ent", and "25_crypt.opq". When you revisit that crypt, it should be reset back to the default.
Sakar
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Sakar »

Will try it now. Thanks, BW!