2 Minor issues (and an anecdote with some spoiler )

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
RezoApio
Marshall

2 Minor issues (and an anecdote with some spoiler )

Post by RezoApio »

I have found something about text screen size.

Talk to a merchant watch the size of the character of the dialog options.
End dialog

Open you inventory, while open talk to the merchant, size of the characters looks like one resolution higher. (smaller font)

Very small thing actually...

Maybe this has been mentioned before (sorry if it has). I have found out a situation where you have a forced option in a dialog.

This is in Blackwater. I had already the something #15. So I speak to the guy in the tavern. Close the dialog without accepting nothing about removing from this world the someone having the key #15. Talk to the guy again. I have only one option which is to give the #15 to the guy and receive the XP and gold !!!
There should be a leave dialog option.

(Just for the fun: I went to get the things from chest #26 and #15. And then get the reward from this guy. thinking that the game was very easy to cheat and a little disapointed. then as I had the transport mission from border town pending, I quick travel to bordertown, take the crucible, only to find out you cannot quick travel with this item !!(well done boy for this). So I put everything heavy in the smith chest, 2 big swords, all my arrows (BTW, arrows weight a little too much in this game IMO), I just keep my enchanted yew longbow (with no arrow whatsoever) and take the thing back to Blackwater feeling not too safe but knowing I had already cleared the path.... Can you imagine my BIG SURPRISE while entering again blackwater area when the guy I have cheated just jump on me with 4 big barrea mercenary ?????? Even with running to the city, entering the blacksmith to remove the crucible, buying some arrows (Not very realistic to make my shopping with a big barrea figther on my heels btw :lol: ) and trying to P.S them, I had to accept everybody in town was or would be dead before the mercenaries... so I may decide to reload to a situation where I would not try to cheat on a big guy...)

Conclusion: Well Done again BW. I had a real nice moment trying to survive my own greed ;-)
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
VPeric
Steward

Re: 2 Minor issues (and an anecdote with some spoiler )

Post by VPeric »

RezoApio wrote: So I put everything heavy in the smith chest, 2 big swords, all my arrows (BTW, arrows weight a little too much in this game IMO), I just keep my enchanted yew longbow (with no arrow whatsoever) and take the thing back to Blackwater feeling not too safe but knowing I had already cleared the path.
And that's what's the kicker here: the blacksmith will attack you when you go to take your stuff back (I guess he considers it his chest afterall). I should know, it happened to me (so I reloaded - didn't want to kill the blacksmith).
RezoApio
Marshall

Re: 2 Minor issues (and an anecdote with some spoiler )

Post by RezoApio »

VPeric wrote:And that's what's the kicker here: the blacksmith will attack you when you go to take your stuff back (I guess he considers it his chest afterall). I should know, it happened to me (so I reloaded - didn't want to kill the blacksmith).
Thanks VPeric.... but you are one reload too late ;-) I am redoing everything because of that ... I don't want to kill him neither... I had a save just before and a potion of ogre strenght so I have now put everything in the barrel outside....

If anybody tries to open it ;-) !!!

IMO I found that a bug because most probale course of action for people would be to store stuff in that chest.... so it should be considered public after the quest...
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.