[BUG] Obscure but annoying torch bug

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

[BUG] Obscure but annoying torch bug

Post by CrazyBernie »

When you use up a torch, or two, or three, or however many, the Encumberance doesn't change until you alter your inventory. At first I thought PC was hoarding those burnt out torches, but as soon as I picked up and replaced an item in my inventory the correct weight showed up. I dunno if this will make a difference if you're trying to pick something up when you're fully Encumbered, but I just thought I'd mention it. Excellent game so far, though. Keep up the good work! 8)
nonameform
Apprentice

Post by nonameform »

I've reported this one on other occasion, but it seems to me it was unnoticed.

By the way, I didn't know that moving stuff in your inventory will change the overall weight. Thanks for pointing out!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

The game doesn't recalculate weight until you physically remove something from inventory. Torches are a bit more "virtual" than other objects in that they don't actually sit in your inventory, so when a torch burns out the game is not checking the "Update_Weight" function.

This has been added to the ToDo list, but it has been given low priority because it is just an annoyance, not a game-breaker.
Zoggles
Initiate

Post by Zoggles »

On the same theme.. torches can't be sold or 'dropped' they can only be gotten rid off by finding enough places to hang them on walls (or by deliberately passing time burning them up) - unless I am missing something very obvious somewhere..

Seems a little strange and slightly irregular behaviour from an items / buying selling continuity standpoint. Might make more sense if they took up one spot in the inventory screen as well as having the 'quick light / equip button at the top of the screen'

-Z-