Error Found Items lost :*(

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
greg0828
Initiate

Error Found Items lost :*(

Post by greg0828 »

If you are doing alchemy and have items in their slots to mix and save the game when you reload at that point the game loads with no windows being opened like the alchemy window. Since the alchemy window isnt open with your items in it and they werent in your inventory when you saved the game they are lost forever.
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

You saved the game with the alchemy window open and then exited the program or you saved and then tried to restore that save, because if you just save it brings you back to the game. Is there a reason why you saved and exited or saved and restore while the alchemy window was open? Since the items were not in your inventory, quick slots or item slots, they were dropped when you saved and exited or saved and restored. I suspect the program keeps track of the items in inventory, the quick slots and item slots, but the slots for alchemy are temporary. You mix the ingredients and the resulting potion goes into inventory. If you leave them in the alchemy window and save your progress the program saves the items that in permanent slots. Since alchemy slots are temporary the program does not know what you want done with the items so it drops them. Drop items are losted forever. One of three situations can happen

1. Put them back into inventory
2. Mix the ingredients and put the potion into inventory
3. drop ingredients

The program picks the third option. One way this can be avoided is for the program to check these slots and warn you that the items will be lost forever just like a regular drop.
History is written by the winners!
greg0828
Initiate

Post by greg0828 »

I was enchanting an item that had a skill bonus. In some games you cant enchant an already encahnted item. I saved before I tried it and it worked but I didtn want to use the ingredients yet. I reloaded and they were gone. Didnt think about saving until I had the items in the alchemy slots....

Yes I know I suck for doing this lol
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

The program allows you to imbue weapons either to increase damage, to increase armor penetration or both. Armor can only be imbue to increase protection. So you can take an ordinary sword and imbue it to damage and you can imbue it to hit better. But once you imbue it say to +1 to damage you cannot increase the damage rating to +2 or +3 by imbuing it again, but you can imbue it to hit better. But once you imbue the sword to damage and hit better that is it. Same with armor once you raise its protection rating you cannot imbue it any more. As your alchemy skill goes up you can imbue ordinary items to higher levels. A high alchemy level will allow you to imbue to the +3 level.
History is written by the winners!