Depths of Peril Gold

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Depths of Peril Gold

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

For those of you who enjoy indie RPGs, Depths of Peril is now available for sale. Soldak Entertainment is a fellow indie developer, so please download the demo and buy the game if you dig it! I'm getting my copy when crunch mode ends for us here in The Lair!

http://www.soldak.com/
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Hmm, im not much of a hybrid game guy, its says action rpg mixed with strategy elements.

The screen shots look a bit cartoonish for my taste, but since there is a free demo I might give it a go.

If anyone has played it please post your comments.
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

I've been hearing really good things about this game on many different forums and such.
I haven't yet checked it out, as I'm not a big fan of hybrid RPG/strategy games and I'm pretty burned out on MMO-style quests, which Peril is largely built around (from what I've come to understand).
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Its also supposed to be hack and slash heavy, so unless I get real bored (Getting closer), I think I might skip this one. Although I do like the help the indy's so maybe I will buy it just to support that.
mytgroo
Steward

Post by mytgroo »

It is a great hack and slash game with quests. Now you add strategy to it which really doesn't make too much sense. The tutorial covers how to get quests and fight, but really gives you no idea how to deal with and fight other factions properly. You trade once with the tutorial then that is it. I ended up getting killed twice by other factions. The faction stuff is very confusing... The game is fun, but the strategy part is well, not explained. I guess you have to buy it to figure out how to play long enough to make the trading, crystals, alliances and other stuff make sense.
I am Myt where's the cheese dip.
Del137
Apprentice

Post by Del137 »

buyed :)
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Wow nice find - I like this :D
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Depths of Peril Gold

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Wow, interesting. Steven is tapping more into the casual game market: "Kivi's Underworld is a casual, hack and slash game." Well, that's definitely where the money is! :D That is cool news, I can't wait to see how the game looks.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Depths of Peril Gold

Post by Saxon1974 »

Dam, I was hoping they went more RPG and less casual but oh well.