Does this game work for the eee pc (ubuntu)?

Linux support forum for Eschalon: Book I
sfam
Pledge

Does this game work for the eee pc (ubuntu)?

Post by sfam »

I have the 1000 model, running Ubuntu 8.04, with a screen resolution of 1024x600. I would be interested in buying it if it can be confirmed to work.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Does this game work for the eee pc (ubuntu)?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I'm not sure. Try the demo- if it works, the full version should.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
sfam
Pledge

Post by sfam »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:I'm not sure. Try the demo- if it works, the full version should.
This question might be a bit unusual, but you're going to start seeing a spate of UNIX users who are sort of clueless about this platform (perhaps this is a good thing). In any event, I downloaded the the demo and unzipped it. How do I install this? I'm used to a deb file thing. I have a directory of files now - is there some place I need to put this directory for it to work, or an install executable of some kind? Any directions would have would be appreciated (again, perhaps you have a "how to install" page, but it wasn't in the download). Again, I'm running Ubuntu 8.04.

Thanks again

EDIT: If I just need to stick the directory somewhere, is there file permissions I need to modify? If so, is there a simple command that puts this in right place with the directory permissions inherited properly?
sfam
Pledge

Post by sfam »

Nevermind (i think). I found a message where a lib file needed to be added. Now it seems to start. I'll give it a go! If its anything like the original Diablo and works reasonably, you'll have another purchase. :)