Eschalon: Book I Version 1.05 FULL

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Eschalon: Book I Version 1.05 FULL

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

We have just updated the full (registered) version of Book I to 1.05. Fixes can be reviewed here.

If you own version 1.04 or earlier, please be aware that there will be no patch to bring your version up to 1.05. There are several reasons for this, but mainly because we are concerned that if you bought the game from Greenhouse, Direct2Drive, or Reflexive, you would break your copy trying to patch it. Besides, most of these fixes are already in place in these other distributor's versions.

So, if you bought the game from us and you want the latest version, please send us an email with your Plimus order number (or your name and email address) and we can activate a new download link for you to get the full 1.05 install.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
macdude22
Council Member

Re: Eschalon: Book I Version 1.05 FULL

Post by macdude22 »

I downloaded from the new link but the download I got still says 1.04 and the file's creator dates are Dec. 9 2007? Is it possible Pilmus doesn't have the updated 1.05 version?
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:So, if you bought the game from us and you want the latest version, please send us an email with your Plimus order number (or your name and email address) and we can activate a new download link for you to get the full 1.05 install.
Which E-mail address do you prefer that we use for this?

And should we put anything particular in the E-mail's subject title (e.g. "Book I v1.05"? the Plimus order #? etc.)

P.S. Is it possible to run both v1.04 and v1.05 on the same computer? I really, really don't want to give up my old v1.04 characters!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Everyone,

Although I uploaded the new install files this afternoon, Plimus is taking their sweet time moving them onto their download server.

I apologize to everyone who has taken the time to download it, only to discover it is still 1.04.

I am going to give them another 12 hours and I'll start sending download links out again tomorrow morning. I'm sure by then everything will be worked out.

@IJBall: just send the email to info AT basiliskgames DOT com. Just make sure your order number is in the email. You should be able to load your old saved games into 1.05 just fine.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

IJBall wrote: P.S. Is it possible to run both v1.04 and v1.05 on the same computer? I really, really don't want to give up my old v1.04 characters!
You can just backup/rename the savegame folder if you really wanna hang onto your 1.04 files. That's how I was testing the beta.

I'll probably either wait for the compilation or just buy another copy if I feel like updating... my ex-gf bought the game for me, and I've just been copying the original folder since the first machine I had it on bit the dust. I'd have wonderful luck trying to get the info from her. :roll: I don't mind throwing some extra loot Basilisk's way... I just need to dig some up first... :mrgreen:
ron
Pledge

Post by ron »

hello,

where can i get the new 1.05 version?
Last edited by ron on January 21st, 2009, 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

As of right now, it appears Plimus is still sending version 1.04 on reactivation requests. I have submitted a trouble-ticket asking to expedite the process.
macdude22
Council Member

Post by macdude22 »

Thanks for the update Wrangler of Basilisks.
poorfish
Pledge

Post by poorfish »

The version I got (mac) from Primus does not have a version number! How 'bout that!
Poorfish
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Ok, I just downloaded version 1.05 from a previous purchase link. That must mean we are good to go. I will start sending (or resending) download links.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

I've sent links out now for everyone who has asked for one (as of 3:50pm EST). If you don't have link by now, check your SPAM folder. If you still don't have anything after 24-hours of your request, please send me another email.
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

I had a problem downloading the new Mac version from the link Plimus sent (probably because of the extra step in the link URL from Plimus--the link they send is not the actual download link, but forwards to it, I think). I was getting a page of what looked like machine code in a browser window, rather than having the game download. I switched from Firefox to Safari and tried again and this time it downloaded. This could have been a problem if Safari had the same problem Firefox did...

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.icubed.com/~judelk
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

The link worked for Safari. Now in almost 6 hours at dial up speed I will know what I've been downloading. :)

Edit - 88 MB into the download, it quit while I was out of the room. The computer crashed, but all I can see is that it seemed to have broken the internet connection and was reacquiring it without me. Oh, well I'll try again.

Edit - v1.05 seems to have downloaded fine on the second try. *Glares at computer*
Axxaxx
Apprentice

Post by Axxaxx »

Can I download the new version ? I bought it for linux and my email is

achille83

AT

yahoo

DOT

it

thanks
xgamer3000
Pledge

Post by xgamer3000 »

Looks like I'm gonna have to have my bro (who bought it for me to play too) help me with that 1.05 patch deal.

Tom

RPG lover
It is one thing to be a slayer of dragons and all that is evil in the world.

It is another to be a true hero.

- Anonymous