Forums slow?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Forums slow?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Does anyone else experience an occasional super-slow response to the forums, especially in the mornings? This morning in particular I couldn't even log on, and when I did it just timed out while trying to see new posts :(

We are looking into switching hosts due to email issues, but if our customers are seeing a sluggish website then that pretty much guarantees we will move to a new host.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Forums slow?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I haven't seen any more sluggishness from this site than I have from any other site I visit. Occasional dragginess, but nothing that impedes my reading, unless my cable modem has again decided to stop talking to Cox's servers.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

It took me 3 tries to get on to the forum this morning, but I'm used to that from Spiderweb Software Forum.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Yes. Yesterday I had no trouble getting on but when switching from subject to subject there was lag time. Same thing this morning. Just clicking on reply and getting post-it screen took almost 45 seconds. I was watching my clock in the corner of the screen. :roll: I'm not used to that here but put up with it cause I figure somewhere they are having winter weather and its causing problems. shrug

edit: Took a minute and a half from clicking 'submit' to get back to forum screen!
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Okay, that is all the confirmation I need! :x

I'll give everyone advanced notice of the switchover....we'll probably be offline for a day or two (or three) depending on the time it takes to transfer domain name, update DNS records, reinstall software, etc. This probably won't happen for a couple weeks.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

yeah it's pretty slow (not 45 sec slow for me though). It used to be quite fast, has something changed? If not don't you think it'll work it self out?
Dies a Lot
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dies a Lot »

My two cents. I've noticed that the forum is slow when the bots are on here searching for info. Last night when I first read this subject, the forum was very quick and normal. Right now the Yahoo[bot] is on here and the forum is very slow. So, you might want to take note on who is on the forum during the slow downs. Ron

Dragonlady is correct. Now two bots are on and the forum is working just fine. Everything is fast. So, ignore my previous two cents. :?
Last edited by Dies a Lot on February 28th, 2009, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Dies a Lot wrote:My two cents. I've noticed that the forum is slow when the bots are on here searching for info. Last night when I first read this subject, the forum was very quick and normal. Right now the Yahoo[bot] is on here and the forum is very slow. So, you might want to take note on who is on the forum during the slow downs. Ron
Right now there are two 'bots' on and no slow down for me. Just so you know. *shrug* :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!