Very Strange Bug

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
AlexH
Initiate

Very Strange Bug

Post by AlexH »

Hi guys,

I am playing through Book 1 again. I just spoke to Lilith and she told me to kill the hive of bees in the forest. So I walk down the path to the fork in the road, and there are literally over 20 bees that have spawned there. There are so many that I can't walk through them. I tried walking them around Lilith's lake but there are just too many. They either kill me before I can get all the way around the lake or they block the path leading towards Lilith's house. What should I do?
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Very Strange Bug

Post by xolotl »

AlexH wrote:So I walk down the path to the fork in the road, and there are literally over 20 bees that have spawned there.
That does seem excessive. :) Do you have a recent savegame from before they showed up?

Also, it may not be a good solution, but you should be able to use my map editor to prune that number down to a more reasonable level.
AlexH
Initiate

Post by AlexH »

No I didn't have a saved game before that. I saved it right after I talked to Lilith and they showed up right after that.

Here's what I did. I quick-travelled to border town, walked through the forest, and slowly picked off the bees using Level 6 Firedart. It took a while, but my character leveled up so that's a good thing.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

If you have that type of problem, again, then retreat to a spot where only one or two can attack you. The north side of Lilith's house, her doorway is a maybe spot and you should have the door closed to protect your quest reward.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

I think I had the bee swarm show up and attack me once, in one of my playthroughs.

I'm not sure what triggers it - I think the one time I got the swarm was either when I tried to break into Lilith's chest (to steal what was in it :twisted: ), or when I attacked and killed Lilith, so I just assumed that the swarm showing up was "punishment" for one of these two actions against Lilith.

Can anyone verify this - does the bee swarm show up in response to either stealing from, or killing, Lilith?
Last edited by IJBall on March 28th, 2009, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

I'm pretty certain divine intervention post-mortem is out of the question . . . considering (1) her morality is questionable and (2) bees are not even cognizant of current events -- they don't understand Thaermorean much less read the papers -- and in fact, I'm sure, don't even care . . . and (3) why would they be avenging Lilith?

My question was why the bees didn't just leave once I killed all the ones they could find? Maybe they hadn't received news yet of the Queen's death (see above).

One thing I found annoying was, last runthrough, when I was trying to carry the crucible to Blackwater, suddenly a bunch of bees showed up out of the woodwork . . . er . . . I mean tanglework. "Bzzz, humm." "Not in the mood, today." "Bzzz, humm." "Sorry, gotta run." "Bzzz, humm." "Come on, I'm in no mood!" "Bzzz, humm, bzzz." "Hey, I told you, not toda- OW! Alright, moving on now. Moving on."

I just kept going until I crossed the border.
And then, once I'm out in the open I run into the Shady Character again! I thought I'd killed him the first time, and suddenly... .

Time to reload.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

The hovering drones don't show up when I robbed Lilith, but I did close the bedroom door and was silent and hidden in shadows.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

¿What?

Randomizer, you were never this creepy on Spidweb.

I mean . . . I don't even want to hear the rest of this story.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.