Questions before I purchase the game.

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Bailey
Pledge

Questions before I purchase the game.

Post by Bailey »

1) Played the demo last night and had a problem with the game or perhaps it is supposed to be like this. As a mage type I could cast spells all is well. Make a rogue or fighter and take the arcane elemental skill and was not able to cast a spell. Grave diggers light as an example.

2) In the purchased version we can save our games, how ever can we easily transfer the saved games between a desk top and lap top. I would like to play at the house and then when work is slow play on the lap top.

2a) Is it possible to install the game on both machines with one purchase or would I need to purchase the game twice to do this. And if I need to purchase the game twice is the saved games tied into any sort of account code preventing me from playing the same game on my desk top and laptop?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Questions before I purchase the game.

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Bailey,

As a player, I can answer 2 and 3 for you easily. Yes, the saved game folder is easily transferable and Basilisk's terms let you install the game on more than one machine (even more than one OS if you happen to have a Mac, a Windows, and a Linux machine). The saved game folder is generally in your Documents directory and can be copied from machine to machine without affecting anything in the game directory.

For your first question, You might need to check the intelligence level of your character. There is a minimum INT rating to cast even the most basic elemental magic spells. Similarly, with Divination check your Wisdom.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

1) Played the demo last night and had a problem with the game or perhaps it is supposed to be like this. As a mage type I could cast spells all is well. Make a rogue or fighter and take the arcane elemental skill and was not able to cast a spell. Grave diggers light as an example.
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:For your first question, You might need to check the intelligence level of your character. There is a minimum INT rating to cast even the most basic elemental magic spells. Similarly, with Divination check your Wisdom.
-Not really correct. Let us say you learned Elemental on a Fighter, and you learned the spell Grave Digger's Light. To LEARN it you need 1 Elemental Skill and 10 Intelligence.

-However, to CAST is slightly different. If you want to cast 'rank/level' 1 of Gravedigger's Light (which is a Tier 1 Spell) it would require only 1 Elemental Sill.
  • rank 2 - 3 Ele
    rank 3 - 5 Ele
    rank 4 - 7 Ele
    rank 5 - 9 Ele
    rank 6 - 11 Ele
-There are three tiers of elemental spells.
Bailey
Pledge

Post by Bailey »

Thank you for the help,
the character had 14 int at the time and was not able to cast the lvl 1 spell. O well I will purchase the game tonight and try again.

Thanks again dare49devil and Kreador Freeaxe it is appreciated!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

The only thing I can think of, then, if you have Elemental skill and learned the spell, is that you had too much weight in your hands at the time. Unequip your weapon and try again. There's a limit to how much weight you can have on your hands and still cast a spell.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.