Development Update for April

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Development Update for April

Post by Rune_74 »

Heh, you got my big city in:) love ya man:)

So when am I going to get the chance for you to spew out some stuff in another interview...keep the coals hot and stuff? I'm glad to be back from sailing and eager to help you get the games name out:)

Only one big city huh? hehehe (just kiddin)

I am aslo looking forward to some nice DARK dungeons...the bigger the better.
Sslaxx
Council Member

Post by Sslaxx »

I'd second the release being set for Q4 (or even Q1 of 2010) if it increases the quality of what we get!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Im curious how the Arctic regions graphics are coming along.

This might have been discussed before during the weather discussion but I don't remember it.....Will the snow slow down the movement speed or affect any combat related skills?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Saxon1974 wrote:Im curious how the Arctic regions graphics are coming along.

This might have been discussed before during the weather discussion but I don't remember it.....Will the snow slow down the movement speed or affect any combat related skills?
We're working out details on how much weather fully effects gameplay (this is a balance issue and so the limits will not be determined until beta testing). The arctic area, rather than being knee-deep snow, appears more like tundra or sheet ice. The ground conditions won't directly effect character movement speed, and again, no decision has yet been made on how much the general effects of cold or heat will have on skills. So far, storms (rain or snow) affect torch use, arrow accuracy, weapon effectiveness, and impose a spell casting penalty.

I know, we are overdue for some new screenshots --- but trust us, things are looking awesome. There are some areas that I can't wait to show off. We'll also be releasing the teaser trailer later this summer (August is when we have this scheduled).
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:...The ground conditions won't directly effect character movement speed, and again, no decision has yet been made on how much the general effects of cold or heat will have on skills. So far, storms (rain or snow) affect torch use, arrow accuracy, weapon effectiveness, and impose a spell casting penalty.
Would we be correct in assuming that the same penalties (e.g. arrow accuracy, weapon effectiveness, spell casting penalty) would also affect monsters as well as the player?

(Be kind of unfair if we have to fight with weather penalties, but the bad guys don't! :wink: )
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

-Well, if we are fighting, let us say, for example, Snow Giants...In an arctic region, I do not think they have to suffer the penalties, ya know what I mean?
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Saxon1974 wrote:Im curious how the Arctic regions graphics are coming along.

We're working out details on how much weather fully effects gameplay (this is a balance issue and so the limits will not be determined until beta testing). The arctic area, rather than being knee-deep snow, appears more like tundra or sheet ice. The ground conditions won't directly effect character movement speed, and again, no decision has yet been made on how much the general effects of cold or heat will have on skills. So far, storms (rain or snow) affect torch use, arrow accuracy, weapon effectiveness, and impose a spell casting penalty.

I know, we are overdue for some new screenshots --- but trust us, things are looking awesome. There are some areas that I can't wait to show off. We'll also be releasing the teaser trailer later this summer (August is when we have this scheduled).
I can see how adding lots of weather effects to skills would make the game take ALOT longer to balance so I think I would be fine with just having thos storm conditions you listed in the game.

Sounds great Thomas, looking forward to seeing some stuff when your ready!
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

dare49devil wrote:-Well, if we are fighting, let us say, for example, Snow Giants...In an arctic region, I do not think they have to suffer the penalties, ya know what I mean?
I would assume that depends on the weapon they are using. Say they are firing arrows at you then I would expect a snowstorm to hinder their arrows, but if using an axe then I wouldnt expect any penalties.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Since the official release announcement says game will be release second quarter of 2009 does that mean it will be out by the end of summer then? Hope so.

Ok nevermind, RPGwatch posted this on the main page but didn't realize it was posted June last year....sorry I got excited :oops:
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

Hey Thom since you are talking August for the Trailer release. How about an August 3rd release day in honor of my B-Day ;)
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

-Or August 4th for mine. =)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

:D or August 28th, my 44th wedding anniversary!

:mrgreen:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

Or December 8th for... wait no. That's not a good idea, go for August. :mrgreen:
Dies a Lot
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dies a Lot »

I could go for Sept 1st for my 60th birthday..... :lol: