The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (Director's Cut)

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (Director's Cut)

Post by dare49devil »

-Just to let you know, to celebrate its worldwide availability, Atari and Steam are offering it for %50 off! So, instead of $40, it is now $20 until the 29th.

-Here is original thread: The Witcher

(btw, this is the fuller-previously not available to North America version)
Last edited by dare49devil on October 27th, 2009, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
macdude22
Council Member

Re: The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (Director's Cut)

Post by macdude22 »

at $20 I'd say the Witcher is a Must Buy. I've sank more than a few nights into this. The sun coming up the next day, me drenched in a cold sweat, surrounded by empty Brawndo Cans, the scramble for a pot of coffee to be semi functional @ work.
getter77
Senior Steward

Post by getter77 »

Drat, and here my last bit of gaming cash is set for Din's Curse. Next year! :shakes fist at sky:
http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=395.0 What I'm trying to accomplish in life.
Epidemi
Pledge

Post by Epidemi »

Hi,

I'd say that the Witcher is one of the best action RPGs around. I'd buy it ;-)

Regards,

Epidemi
pal.illes
Initiate

Post by pal.illes »

I'm currently playing. Bought the boxed version of the Enhanced Edition. It's really fun, naughty, action packed, lots of scripting, story, beauty. Sure buy here for the retail version when it dropped to around ~15$ here.
Thanks BasiliskGames for providing linux client.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

After going through the game the second time, I forgot one of my trysts and stood the girl up. Oh, well. In real-life this would be bad. In a game... not so much. At any rate: first play through, after we met: she acted like we were strangers. So... I doubt anything bad will come of it.

I didn't like the girl, anyway.

Besides: this card-collecting business never yields any XP, or anything. There should at least be some benefit . . . and drawbacks . . . but I guess it's just there to amuse the player.

One thing I like a lot: the things the kids say. This is one thing the writers got right . . . that kids, when faced with horror, will naturally distill it down into 'innocent' games and such in an attempt to make these things less horrifying, more acceptable. I would've liked it even more, however, if the writers had made it so that the things the kids said gradually amounted to something valuable . . . suggesting that the way to defeating the evils plaguing the town is not through the town leaders, not through the rumors and tales of the locals, but through listening to the things the kids 'innocently' say, make games of, make jokes of, or blurt out.

...But... maybe that would've ruined it. As it is, it adds a good sense of 'realistic' atmosphere.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.