Windows Versus Mac version release

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
zebulon
Initiate

Windows Versus Mac version release

Post by zebulon »

Hello,

Can you tell us approximately when the MAC version will be released once the Windows 's version is available?

Thanks.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Windows Versus Mac version release

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Even though the code for each platform is being developed simultaneously, we are planning on a 3-week "window" between releases starting with Windows, then Macintosh, then Linux.

The reason for this delay between releases is to ensure the highest quality of support for each edition, as well as allow time needed to properly prepare each format for distribution.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
zebulon
Initiate

Post by zebulon »

That's a good news !
Very Professionnal
Thanks!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Does that mean we will be beta testing the Mac version at the same time as the Windows version? I really, really can't wait.....
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Painted Lady wrote:Does that mean we will be beta testing the Mac version at the same time as the Windows version? I really, really can't wait.....
We'll probably start the Mac testing sometime after the first round of Window testing. So yes, Mac testing will be going on while we do Windows testing though not right away.

And 'yes' to whoever is planning on asking: Linux testing will probably start after we get a round of Mac testing done. :wink: It's just best to stagger the testing because that first play through is always going to bring up the most issues, so it will allow us to address the bigger problems on one OS before moving to the next.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Painted Lady wrote:Does that mean we will be beta testing the Mac version at the same time as the Windows version? I really, really can't wait.....
We'll probably start the Mac testing sometime after the first round of Window testing. So yes, Mac testing will be going on while we do Windows testing though not right away.
Oh goodie, I can try (to be a tester) and test the windows and Mac versions. Use my Mac with Windows partition and then the Mac side. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Also, I wonder if BW is going to want someone to test the Windows version on a Mac running Parallels. It would be interesting to see if that works properly. I'll volunteer!
zebulon
Initiate

Post by zebulon »

I think Mac user for sure would like to test parallel as this is a logical step (no boot camp) to play the game...
Then comee the question about licensing.... as we, mac user, would like to have a licence for both hardware,
the pc one's just for playing the game sooner.... :)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

zebulon wrote:I think Mac user for sure would like to test parallel as this is a logical step (no boot camp) to play the game...
Then comee the question about licensing.... as we, mac user, would like to have a licence for both hardware,
the pc one's just for playing the game sooner.... :)
Zebulon, BW has said that buying the game once gets you the right to play it on any platform you have (so your purchase code will probably allow you to download the Mac and Linux versions as they become available).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
zebulon
Initiate

Post by zebulon »

Great news!
Thanks for this license model.
Amazadh Kristeopolous
Apprentice

Post by Amazadh Kristeopolous »

As an OSX and Boot Camp Windows (games only!) user, that is excellent news! That's damned civilised of you! :D
"Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes..."