PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
CrazyCatlady
Pledge

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Post by CrazyCatlady »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us SOME idea of a release date!

PLEASE?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

CrazyCatlady wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us SOME idea of a release date!PLEASE?
Okay -- the game looks great. All the main features are in place. Right now we are filling in map details & adding in side quests. Going through the game and seeing large chunks of unfinished dungeons that were put off until later...well, now it is later and those dungeon sections need completed! :D

The inside testers are going over the game thoroughly in about 2 weeks. They'll end up playing about 80% of the game. We'll try to patch up all the bugs they find, and add in the final 20% over the month of January. Hopefully semi-public beta to start in February. We should be able to release a stable Windows version just a few weeks after that.

If all goes well. :wink:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

That's great to hear! Looking forward to it!

Of course, that will be right about the time I'm getting deep into development for Dirk Dashing 2... curses, another distraction! Oh well! Dirk's waited 4 years already for a sequel - he can wait a few weeks more! :mrgreen:
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

It sounds like we'll be waiting a bit longer (half a year? is that about right?) but I also have the feeling I won't be disappointed at all.

By the way, BW: Yes, I suppose I can be an occasional jerk about Book I (and mentioned preparations for Book II, occasionally), but only because I love it so much! And when I see great potential, well... like Patty Duke, I lose control.

(We'll have boats in Book II, right? Yes? Boats in Book II? You said they were intended for Book I but were scrapped at the last minute. I just love the idea of being able to visit islands... especially if, say, they aren't even on the map. They're secret islands, you need to discover them.)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
dzhonik
Pledge

Post by dzhonik »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:The inside testers are going over the game thoroughly in about 2 weeks. They'll end up playing about 80% of the game. We'll try to patch up all the bugs they find, and add in the final 20% over the month of January. Hopefully semi-public beta to start in February. We should be able to release a stable Windows version just a few weeks after that.
What about a Linux version? When you plan to release it?

Thanks.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Mac and Linux versions are supposed to be released a few weeks after the Windows version in order to space out complaints about problems missed by the testers.

*grumble* I have to wait longer.
function.require
Apprentice

Post by function.require »

There's plenty of things to do while we wait for book 2. I'm just not sure what they are yet. Oh.. I know. Wait for Book 3.

So BW, when is book 3 going to be released?
buyaka
Pledge

Post by buyaka »

When can the Mac owners expect Bk. 2 (a rough guess would be fine)?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

buyaka wrote:When can the Mac owners expect Bk. 2 (a rough guess would be fine)?
Given all of the previous discussion and assuming the Windows beta goes out in Feb and goes smoothly, I wouldn't expect to see a Mac release until the end of March or early April. The Mac beta will probably start about when the Windows version releases, and given a few weeks to patch up bugs from porting and stuff found in the Windows version when it gets into the wild, I'm guessing I know what I'm getting for Easter.

BW, of course, can confirm or deny any of my guesses. ;)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.