What kind of character will you use in Book II?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Antigrav
Marshall

Re: What kind of character will you use in Book II?

Post by Antigrav »

IJBall wrote:
Arkos wrote:My first playthrough in Book I was a virtuous warrior (paladin) that focused on sword, shield, heavy armor and divination. I imagine I'll do that again for my first playthrough in Book II.
Almost word-for-word "ditto" from me.

I'll be playing Fighter first for sure. I'm very likely to choose Virtuous as well, for the "free" Bless spell. My weapons focus will be Sword & Bow, and (at first) Leather Armor.

In terms of magic, I plan no restrictions, so I fully expect this character will evolve into a "Jack of All Trades" type.
Another Jack here. I hate feeling like I'm missing out, so for a first playthrough I like the idea of an Ultima III Ranger: good melee and ranged attacks, light armor (maybe), some holy, some elemental, some thieving.
geishaboy
Marshall

Post by geishaboy »

I like playing a thief. Nothing better than hiding in the shadows, moving silently, picking locks and disarming traps. I normally augment that with a few useful spells like haste.
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

I will probably start with a female ranger hoping that arrows are now much cheaper than in Book I ;-)

And then I will probably try a thief and replay with killing the less possible foes...

It is already 6am in Indianapolis....
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

I'm playing as a female mage. Going to put some points into dodge and maybe some stealth. And a little cleaving. Some cartog as well. But mainly Alchemy and Magery.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
woem
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by woem »

Unclever title wrote:All of them.

Though for my initial run-through I'm just going to wing it, no rules.
Skills and attributes as I see fit.

Plenty of time for other more focused stuff later.

And I WILL be trying out a merchant "class" character in Book II eventually, just to see how it compares to Book I.
That's exactly how I'm planning to do it, along with a stealth type -- killing as few monsters as possible, and if possible without combat (hint: po tcullis!) -- and as a cleric, and a wizard, and a ranger, and aaaargh!

Addiction kicking in! Can't wait for the Mac version...
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

woem wrote: killing as few monsters as possible, and if possible without combat (hint: po tcullis!)
And the new Book II option of strategically placing explosives and letting them do the work. ;)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I tried a quick partial game as a pacifist to see how hard it was and after about 4 hours I was over halfway through the main quest path. With the right balance of spells and skills you don't even need to kill anything yourself, but you can't go everywhere.

Right now I want to try the true warrior's challenge and never need a spell or certain magic items.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

A word of caution to the "Jack-Of-All-Trades" players...

Don't spread yourself out too thin... you might find yourself struggling in the mid-to-late game.