Meditation = Perception. They lied!

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Slarty
Marshall

Meditation = Perception. They lied!

Post by Slarty »

Whoever said Meditation was better in Book 2, lied. It still just acts as extra Perception towards your MP Regen rate.

MP Regen is better in Book 2, granted. I haven't mapped out the whole table, but it looks something like this:

Perception + Meditation.... MP regen rate
16... 1/22 rounds
20... 1/18 rounds
30... 1/10 rounds
38... 1/4 rounds
40... 1/2 rounds
42... 1/round

Somewhere between 48-50, you reach 2/round, and I assume somewhere beyond that you reach 3/round and so on, although it looks like the gap between increases is starting to get bigger.

Here's the problem for Meditation. You get 3 skill points and 3 attribute points per level. There are plenty of things to do with your skill points, but after adding to INT and WIS to get spells, most of the attributes are a waste of time -- most of their bonuses are inferior to the bonuses you get from investing in skills, so you are really left with boosting your carrying capacity (Str), your HP (End), or your MP and MP regen rate (Per). Whereas the things you can do with skill points are a bit more exciting. So it would seem to me that unless you want to go crazy on MP Regen, just investing in Perception will give you plenty of regen rate... you can keep dumping in it until you get to 2/1 or beyond.

:-(
Ojisan
Steward

Re: Meditation = Perception. They lied!

Post by Ojisan »

My current summ 69+16 = 5mp per round
72 + 19 = 5 mp per round

Tho at the begining i was thinking that 1 mp per round was huge, now i think that 5 per round is average for me :P Can use even more, still have to run around to regen during battles.
Last edited by Ojisan on May 17th, 2010, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weron
Pledge

Post by Weron »

I hit 2/round at 52 perception + meditation. So if you feel like upping something else than perception, 50 perception + a zen cloak gives you 10 MP per level and 2 per round.

Weron.
Krafen
Council Member

Post by Krafen »

Wait, 9mp/level is not the cap? I guess for a caster it's minimum int/wis necessary to learn spells and the rest into per. At least it's easy to remember. :wink:
Krafen
Council Member

Post by Krafen »

Ok, I just checked with a hex editor. There does not appear to be a mana/level cap. With 99 perception, 20/level and with 100, 21/level.