Selling expensive items, where?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
elotrocoso
Initiate

Selling expensive items, where?

Post by elotrocoso »

So I just found this random axe of massive uberness, on a random chest of the mage tower, which costs 15300 gold, and I told myself(since I dont use axes) OMFGROFLMFAO im RICH, RIIIIICH!!!!. After leaving to sell it, i realized that it is impossible, since no trader I've found has more that 2000 gold, which is , well, lame to say the least.
I realize that making limited amount of gold traders make sense to stop create food and alchemy/foraging abuses for unlimited gold, but is there no way to sell these items, since sucks quite a bit in the end, and I've noticed that a lot of the very high tier Items can reach prices of 5K+ gold.
The question in the end is if there is really no way to sell these kinds of items (different from exchanging them for other items in any shop since no shop really has7-8K gold of stuff I am interested in, and besides, I dont have the money) :P
Ojisan
Steward

Re: Selling expensive items, where?

Post by Ojisan »

You should give it to the shop on a loan :mrgreen:

But seriously your only bet will be to trade it in, when youll find some expensive item to buy.
elotrocoso
Initiate

Post by elotrocoso »

If I had that kind of money I would not be needing to sell my axe :P, I just wish I could get the max gold from a shop or smth
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Later merchants in the game have more money, but you will still need to buy some items in order to give the merchant enough to buy your awesomely overpriced item.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

And sometimes if you have more than one high priced item you have to wait till a week or more rolls around to sell them all. That's what I did in the Dwarven village. Stashed the high priced items in a barrel and came back periodically to sell them.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
atori
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by atori »

Let's imagine situation. I have found axe with a cost of 15K. I am mage or any other class, which is not melee based. Surely I don't need this axe in my inventory. The only reasonable way is to sell it for money. Alright. But here comes a problem. I can sell this axe only to smith, because other merchants refuse to buy melee weapon. Maximum initial gold, which smith can have, is 4000 (Pirate's island), in Kuudad - 2000. So as you tell I can sell this axe only if I buy something from smith. Alright, let's buy something first. But what to buy? I am mage, I don't need armor, bows, arrows, stones, demon oil. What I might need from him is only grand hat of the magus (cost 1500). In most cases smith won't propose anything for a mage. In the end I can't buy anything from smith, so I can't sell that 15K axe. There is a trick, of course. I can buy temporarily useless for me things from smith, then sell axe. Then wait 8 days, smith will have 4K of gold again, sell him part of useless things, I bought from him before, wait another 8 days and till I sell him everything. But hey, it's a lot of trouble. Please, make initial merchants gold at least 4 times higher.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

atori wrote:Let's imagine situation. I have found axe with a cost of 15K.
You found an axe worth 15k? I remember seeing (once) an item in a store which was about that expensive, but the most expensive item I've actually found in the wild was in the 5k range (which, so long as your Mercantile isn't too high, is sellable at a couple of places without doing a buy/sell dance).
elotrocoso
Initiate

Post by elotrocoso »

yeah, i did :P I was insanely happy at firt, but dissapointment sttled in pretty soon -.- , is kind of pointless to set such high a price when it cannot be used.... I know it s automated, but selling cap s should be established... or something of the sort.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

elotrocoso wrote:yeah, i did :P I was insanely happy at firt, but dissapointment sttled in pretty soon -.- , is kind of pointless to set such high a price when it cannot be used.... I know it s automated, but selling cap s should be established... or something of the sort.
Awesome. Perhaps Book 3 will allow you to set up payment plans with the shopkeepers so that they can afford your godly loot. :)
Eschalonian
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Eschalonian »

At least make it so that the shop owner will offer to buy the item for whatever amount of gold he has left ("Yeah I know it's worth 10K, but I only have 10 gold. Take it or leave it."). It's weird that you can't sell it at all, even if you're willing to sell it for cheap.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

xolotl wrote:
elotrocoso wrote:yeah, i did :P I was insanely happy at firt, but dissapointment sttled in pretty soon -.- , is kind of pointless to set such high a price when it cannot be used.... I know it s automated, but selling cap s should be established... or something of the sort.
Awesome. Perhaps Book 3 will allow you to set up payment plans with the shopkeepers so that they can afford your godly loot. :)
Heh, reverse layaway for the win! :mrgreen: