linux version for amd64

Linux support forums for Eschalon: Book II
wuji
Apprentice

linux version for amd64

Post by wuji »

Hi. Will there be a 64bit version of eb2 for linux?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: linux version for amd64

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

No. The compiler we use does not, currently, compile native 64-code on any platform.

For now, all versions are 32-bit. Hopefully we can do a 64-bit version in the future.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
wuji
Apprentice

Post by wuji »

so would it be possible to also include a staticaly compiled binary with the linux version? I'm having bit of a problem with ogg vorbis 32bit libraries on debian. book 1 works fine but without sound and I've traced the problem to missing vorbis libraries.

thanks
mk
Sslaxx
Council Member

Post by Sslaxx »

wuji wrote:so would it be possible to also include a staticaly compiled binary with the linux version? I'm having bit of a problem with ogg vorbis 32bit libraries on debian. book 1 works fine but without sound and I've traced the problem to missing vorbis libraries.

thanks
mk
BW uses BlitzBASIC (BlitzMax, to be exact). If you really want a 64-bit version of Book II to be possible the Blitz people are the ones to ask. http://www.blitzbasic.com/Contact/_index_.php
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
wuji
Apprentice

Post by wuji »

I don't need 64bit binary. I can run 32bit binary ona 64bit system, but if the binary is dynamic, I need all the 32bit libraries and some of those are messy to install without using chroot so it would be easier to also have a staticaly compiled 32bit library, which will work just fine.
ds77
Pledge

Post by ds77 »

wuji, if you are successful in this, then I would be interested in it as well, I am a 64bit linux user. I am not a linux genius or I would help you myself. :(

Would love to be able to play on my Laptop, which is Ubuntu 64bit
Janusz11
Apprentice

Post by Janusz11 »

You should be able to run Eschalon on a 64bit system alright. All you have to do is install the needed 32bit libs. If I'm not mistaken, the latest Ubuntu releases seem to even come with some 32libs pre-installed already.

I play Eschalon: Book I on a 64bit ArchLinux system. No problems