First post - And comment

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Doug Tenser
Apprentice

First post - And comment

Post by Doug Tenser »

Hi everybody

Lurker now registered.

I think I just figured something out about some of the RPGs I play. I just read a blog (rant) by some bloke on the Fallout 3 game and one thing he said rang true (amongst some drivel). He said "the switch between a top-down free-camera point-and-click strategy-style character RPG and a first/third-person chase-camera click-and-kill action-style character RPG is not, I repeat, it is NOT a technical transition: it is a gameplay transition."

That is, gameplay is king.

For me the very best RPG games seem to mostly be turn based. Or at least allow for more strategic decisions on my part to direct the way things turn out.

But interestingly I don't really enjoy RTS games... Odd perhaps... I guess that's just me.

Anyway I'm looking forward to trying this game out for several reasons...

1. Its an indie title - And indies deserve support as they are often the ones pushing the boundaries of game design
2. The stuff I have read and seen in screenies seem to confirm that the style of this game is what I enjoy.

Roll on the release.

Fun Ha!

Fleisch
Marshall

Post by Fleisch »

I think I just figured something out about some of the RPGs I play. I just read a blog (rant) by some bloke on the Fallout 3 game and one thing he said rang true (amongst some drivel). He said "the switch between a top-down free-camera point-and-click strategy-style character RPG and a first/third-person chase-camera click-and-kill action-style character RPG is not, I repeat, it is NOT a technical transition: it is a gameplay transition."
Good quote. I totally agree. Which is one reason I won't be playing Fallout3 and I will be buying and playing Eschalon. 8)
Sol Invictus
Initiate

Post by Sol Invictus »

This game sounds like a breath of fresh air. I have been waiting for an oldschool rpg for quite a few years. I'm not sure how this game has gone under my radar until today. At least the wait won't be excruciating. :wink:
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

The important thing is that you are here, Sol! Welcome!
Sol Invictus
Initiate

Post by Sol Invictus »

Thanks, really looking forward to the game.