CD Contents

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

CD Contents

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I've added some additional information to the purchase page regarding the contents of the CD version of Eschalon, as well as when we can ship them.

Many are still asking, so I'll state it here again:
The game will be $27.95 for digital download, plus $10 if you also want a CD sent to you.

The additional $10 is only to cover duplication and shipping fees, not because there is a ton of exclusive stuff on the CD.
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

The DVD case comes with Box art ? - Does the CD have printed Art ? Can I pay with Paypal ? Nov 19th is too far off :D
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Does the CD have printed Art
Well, I wouldn't call my handwriting with a Sharpie marker "art"... :lol:

Yes, the duplicators will screen print graphics on the CDs, and there will be "box art" on the DVD case.

Yes, you can pay with Pay Pal.
Prismatic Maelstrom

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

I was going to ask about Paypal, and whether or not the case will have any art on it, but Iane beat me to it. This is good news. :)
adamantyr
Apprentice

Trinkets

Post by adamantyr »

What, no cloth map? :) Actually, my brother and I were talking about if it was possible to do them nowadays without a big production...

If you used a laser color printer and transfer paper, it MAY be possible to do maps relatively cheaply. But it would definitely be a special edition item, like, only the first 100 or so would have them, and paper maps in the rest.

Adam
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Trust me, I'm way ahead of you.

Cloth maps will be coming...if not with Book II, Book III for sure.
bargeral
Initiate

Post by bargeral »

I didn't see a manual mentioned. Is there a printed manual? Or PDF?
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

bargeral wrote:I didn't see a manual mentioned. Is there a printed manual? Or PDF?
Somewhere around here, as I've read all the news. I have seen mention their being a manual along with the game. I believe it even has a small tutorial in it..maybe. My mind isn't all that good recently, I've had a running fever for 5 days (kidney infectioon - taking antibiotics for it).
Perhaps someone else can direct you to where it is...or quote it.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Hope you feel better soon, Dragonlady.

The manual is a PDF file that installs with the game. Admittedly, it's not what we have spent the most time on but it will fill you in on the basics. I will keep working on it until release day.
Exodus
Initiate

Post by Exodus »

I was wondering about two things:

1. Will you be shipping overseas (New Zealand in this case).
2. How big will the download be?

Cheers
Exodus
It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiace in the circumstance that ones intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexilogical entities.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

The download will be around 105mb.

Yes, as far as I know we can ship anywhere. If the shipping costs outside the US end up being too high then we might have to add a surcharge for international shipping, but I doubt it.
Grue
Steward

Post by Grue »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Cloth maps will be coming...if not with Book II, Book III for sure.
Wa-hey!! Great news! 8)

About the manual, if at all possible, could you include the "crunchy bits" of the game system (aka rules) in there somewhere (in sidebars or the appendix perhaps). At least the basics of what goes on under the hood would be nice. Or is that super sekrit stuff?
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Teliol
Initiate

Post by Teliol »

Is it would possible to order the CD in Russia? (I can pay for game with VISA card).
NWL(r).
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Grue wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Cloth maps will be coming...if not with Book II, Book III for sure.
Wa-hey!! Great news! 8)

About the manual, if at all possible, could you include the "crunchy bits" of the game system (aka rules) in there somewhere (in sidebars or the appendix perhaps). At least the basics of what goes on under the hood would be nice. Or is that super sekrit stuff?
Yes please and can you also add background lore on the game world...maybe bestiary, description of some notable places? If you have time at least and it doesnt give away too much of the game world I think that would really spice up the game.

Very glad to here cloth maps coming. I will pay 10$ extra to get a cloth map!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Book I's manual is going to be very lean at first- meaning, it discusses the basics of gameplay, gives you some quick references, and helps you get started.

I really want to make a great manual since it was such an important part of those classic RPGs, but there has been a mountain of other priorities. :( I do promise that the manual will continue to improve (we can always allow people to download updated PDFs from the website), and Book II will ship with a much nicer manual.