Hardware mouse?

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Mithaldu
Pledge

Hardware mouse?

Post by Mithaldu »

Hi, you chose to use a software mouse in your game, likely with the intent of making it look pretty. However, this has an unfortunate side effect:

With vsync enabled, there is a lag between user input and reaction of the mouse. Usually i would counter this by disabling vsync, since tearing has never bothered me, but in the case of Eschalon Book 2, this flat out breaks the game.

This means that the only way to play the game is with very uncomfortable input. (At least to me.)

As such I would like to ask for an option to just switch off the software mouse pointer and make use of the hardware one, which runs at full FPS at all times and has zero lag.
Mithaldu
Pledge

Re: Hardware mouse?

Post by Mithaldu »

Not even a response? :(
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Sorry- very busy here and difficulty to answer every single request.

A hardware mouse would be possible, although it becomes much harder to change the mouse cursor into custom shapes, such as direction arrows, dialog bubbles and attack icons. That is why a software arrow is needed.

I will look into this for a future update. I cannot promise anything until I know if it is possible to make a changeable, cross-platform, hardware mouse cursor function.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Mithaldu
Pledge

Post by Mithaldu »

Knowing that it's considered makes me happy, thanks. :)