Disappearing Powder Kegs?

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
trinsic
Initiate

Disappearing Powder Kegs?

Post by trinsic »

Ok here is an interesting problem. The quest that the priest gave me in Eastwillow has me going down into a dungeon behind the monastary. So I when into this big room with a switch in the middle and pressure buttons all around it. I thought I might need a powder keg or two too open the main gate. So I went into the next room and grabed two powder kegs, put them in my inventory and walked back into the room with the switch in the middle of the room. I was standing facing one of the buttons at coordinates X=40 Y=147 and opened my inventory to drop a powder keg onto the floor. As soon as I clicked the powderkeg disappeared, along with the second one I tried to drop. I looked around the room and didnt see them... I think this is a bug.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Disappearing Powder Kegs?

Post by Dragonlady »

Did you right click or left click (pointer)? The program may be thinking your dropping it for real. Face a direction that is clear. Right click on one keg. Turn one degree, right click on other keg. Both should now be on the floor right next to you. If they are not, then recreate the bug and send your character file to BW so he can check to see what's going on.

I've sometimes had an item on my pointer and thought I was dropping it or moving it around my equipment boxes and had it too close to the edge of the screen and ended up dropping it forever when I didn't pay attention to the scripts in the lower left side of my screen. Tricksee, tricksee. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
trinsic
Initiate

Re: Disappearing Powder Kegs?

Post by trinsic »

So what I did is left click to drag it off the inventory screen to the game screen and attempted to drop it on a specific tile. When I have done that before it would drop it but not necessarily where I wanted it place. But now I know a better way thanks for that.