cursed and cant move

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
kelticpete
Council Member

cursed and cant move

Post by kelticpete »

i am playing a fighter heavy armor/great ore sword. my equipment is heavy.

when in the ossuary i got cursed. and it was so bad that I could not move. I reloaded to pre curse and went back to town. wanted to try to learn cure disease and de hex...but i can't seem to find the de hex spell? anywhere. i am afraid if I go back and fight them againI will just get cursed again. I am virtuous don't know if that makes curses worse.

is there a de hex potion I can buy somewhere? I was annoyed at the curse because I thought it would be expensive (bet it is) but I could not even move to get back to town.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Re: cursed and cant move

Post by Evnissyen »

Siam, at the Guild of Magicks in Blackwater, sells Detox Serum as well as a Dehex scroll.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

the detox takes away a hex? or toxin?

I bought the de hex scroll. but I have been buying up str / dex/ speed/ end

so my wisdom is not high enough. it is 12 and I plan to make it 15 for cure disease but wis of 20? no way.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

No, Dehex just removes a curse. Detox negates poison, and Cure Disease cures disease.

EDIT: Oh, I see. I wrote Detox Serum, I confused it with Dehex. I'll have to check and see where you can get a Dehex potion... .
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Followup:
No Dehex potions that I can see, I don't think they exist, I don't remember any dehex potions. If you don't have enough Wisdom or Divination for the Dehex spell then you'll have to go to a temple. Blackwater or Aridell. They'll fix you.
Gorgon Rider
Marshall

Post by Gorgon Rider »

There's no dehex potion (at least, I never saw one in my run through the game). I do believe you're more susceptible to curses if your character is Virtuous, yes.

If you can't learn the Dehex spell, pretty much your only options are:

1) A cheesy 'save before every combat and reload if you get cursed and try again until you don't fail the save' (make sure you buff up as much as possible, so you can get through each combat quickly. Save after buffing but before engaging). Rinse and repeat for every wraith(?)

2) If you get cursed and can't move, drop your armor. This means it will be lost for good, so you may want to try adventuring elsewhere until you can get a replacement set and stash it somewhere easy to retrieve (like a barrel or chest in Blackwater)
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Buy potions of ogre strength and they might give you enough strength to replace most of what you lose so you don't have to drop armor. Use them before a fight to get it over before you get cursed.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Gorgon Rider wrote:There's no dehex potion (at least, I never saw one in my run through the game). I do believe you're more susceptible to curses if your character is Virtuous, yes.

If you can't learn the Dehex spell, pretty much your only options are:

1) A cheesy 'save before every combat and reload if you get cursed and try again until you don't fail the save' (make sure you buff up as much as possible, so you can get through each combat quickly. Save after buffing but before engaging). Rinse and repeat for every wraith(?)

2) If you get cursed and can't move, drop your armor. This means it will be lost for good, so you may want to try adventuring elsewhere until you can get a replacement set and stash it somewhere easy to retrieve (like a barrel or chest in Blackwater)
The simplest solution is to never let the poltergeists get close enough to curse you, of course. Ranged attack FTW. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Merlin
Pledge

Post by Merlin »

When in the Ossuary, if you get hexed and can't move try this:

Kill a poltergeist (use air compress level 2) and if he 'dies' right next to you, you will be able to open the 'bag' that appears when he dies. It has some ectoplasm in it. Don't close the bag (looks like a chest) or it will disappear.

You can then place your armor, or other heavy objects, in this bag and then you are free to move. If you have placed a portal next to the well in blackwater, you will be able to immediately transport out and refill mana and life.

There are no dehex potions, so you'll have to get uncursed before you can go back to get your equipment out of the bag in the Ossuary.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Detox serum is for poison, you need a potion of cure lesser disease for disease.

You can dump items that will be lost forever if you are too encumbered to move, but I always consider that a last resort.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

I always play as an aethiest so I don't have to worry about getting cursed. I just hate having to drop my hard-won armor.....