Cut area? [Potential Spoilers]

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Cut area? [Potential Spoilers]

Post by IJBall »

Jedi_Learner wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:The storyline for Book II does not involve Thearmore so we are not planning on reproducing that entire destroyed region within Book II. However, we are planning on taking players back to one small area inside Thaermore... (Ref)
So what happened to this area? Was part of the storyline cut or changed, making a return to Thaermore unnecessary? Or will this area return for Book III?
You beat me to this question, JL! - I was going to ask about this at some point too.

FTR, my theory is that the area that BW was referring to is the Repository, and I was kind of hoping Book II would allow us access to another vault or two... :cry:
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I think the part got cut. There were some extra map areas that were never used and access got dropped.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

It could still be part of the add-on that's coming this summer. :P
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Perhaps!

As I've said before, the overall storyline was thought up back in 2005. It has not changed much since then- however, the individual games themselves seem to go through a lot of changes during development.

Originally I wanted the player to track down the Crux of Ages within destroyed Bastion Spire- the ending was the same but the player would return to the top of Bastian Spire instead of Talushorn. However, as I was working on it, I decided it would be more more enjoyable (and fit the storyline a bit better) if the Taurax had reclaimed the Crux of Ages and returned it to Talushorn.

Right now I don't know if I'll ever take players back to Thaermore. It just depends on were the storyline meanders as we look towards the final game.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Right now I don't know if I'll ever take players back to Thaermore. It just depends on were the storyline meanders as we look towards the final game.
Oh, I just know that the Repository folks powder barreled their old entrance closed with a cave-in, so the Taurax couldn't get in, but created a portal gate so that certified members of the Repository from anywhere in the world of Eschalon could still come and go as they please!

I just know they did!! :mrgreen:
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

IJBall wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Right now I don't know if I'll ever take players back to Thaermore. It just depends on were the storyline meanders as we look towards the final game.
Oh, I just know that the Repository folks powder barreled their old entrance closed with a cave-in, so the Taurax couldn't get in, but created a portal gate so that certified members of the Repository from anywhere in the world of Eschalon could still come and go as they please!

I just know they did!! :mrgreen:
Yep, they sure enough did. ...I hope!.. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!