Recover Orakur book in Bronze Armor puzzle

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
stone
Initiate

Recover Orakur book in Bronze Armor puzzle

Post by stone »

Is there anyway to get back the Orakur book found in the house with the bronze activated portal..

I got in and dump the book after reading and did not know I needed it to get further in the library in PK later.

I now have the bells and wish to go further in the library.

Anyway to get the book back or get past the St. / Gate without the book??

Thanks

enjoying the game..
stone
Initiate

Re: Recover Orakur book in Bronze Armor puzzle

Post by stone »

I have on ocassion just thrown items away to save weight.. I did this with this book - like I have done with other books and items - like heavy armor, etc.

I know it is wasteful and I probably should go store item back in chest and such, but this is first time I have had a real serious regret on tossing an item

The game does give the same warning about the item being lost forever... so I was warned in general, but would be a good setting to do a second warning that it may not be wise to throw away certain "known" quest items..

Some things could also be found on the floor, etc

just looking for a way into the other part of the library without a new game start for this character as I'm well into this particular game.

I wonder if the map regen trick mentioned in another thread would work??

need to find the map for this section and try

Jedi_Learner wrote:
stone wrote:I got in and dump the book after reading and did not know I needed it to get further in the library in PK later.
By dump you mean physcially destroying it? I believe the only way to enter the archives is to give the Orakur research book to Saint Gilhelm.
buckeye43026
Pledge

Post by buckeye43026 »

Hi,

Did you ever get a solution to this problem? I just NOW realized I have the same problem. 4 bells, no book. I wonder if I can "HexEdit" my way out of this, or perhaps the "map reset" you spoke of?

Thanks,

Steve
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

buckeye43026 wrote:Hi,

Did you ever get a solution to this problem? I just NOW realized I have the same problem. 4 bells, no book. I wonder if I can "HexEdit" my way out of this, or perhaps the "map reset" you spoke of?

Thanks,

Steve
Steve, did you not pick up the book? Or did you throw it away?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
hackum
Initiate

Post by hackum »

I had the same problem. I sold the book before getting to Port Kuudad. I thought there was no way to recover it afterward.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

hackum wrote:I had the same problem. I sold the book before getting to Port Kuudad. I thought there was no way to recover it afterward.
If you sold the book and did not get it back from the vendor before his stock turned over, there is no in-game way to get it back. You either have to load from a save that has it, or do without the powerful benefit of the meditative power of the bells.

Or you have to edit your saved game file to give yourself back the book.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
silverkitty
Senior Council Member

Post by silverkitty »

At that point, it's probably easier to hex edit yourself the 30,000xp you'd get from them than to hex edit your inventory to have the right object again :)
hackum
Initiate

Post by hackum »

Yeah I guess so. However I did some tests, if you delete the 3 map files (from your savefile folder) next time you enter the area everything will be reset. So it might be just a matter of finding out the number of the map where the book was located in the 1st place.
hackum
Initiate

Post by hackum »

Ok, so I deleted the 3 files associated with the map:

5150.ent
5150.map
5150.opq

Which reset the area. The chests are there, I hope the book is inside as well. Gotta collect the armor again first...
stone
Initiate

Post by stone »

the regen map trick worked for me -- I just renamed the map file
before doing so I made sure my bronze pieces and myself were noton the map .......
hackum wrote:Ok, so I deleted the 3 files associated with the map:

5150.ent
5150.map
5150.opq

Which reset the area. The chests are there, I hope the book is inside as well. Gotta collect the armor again first...