Port Kuudad

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
clanshaw53
Pledge

Port Kuudad

Post by clanshaw53 »

Is there a way to get to the chest's in the Blacksmiths shop and the Arms Dealer Store?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Port Kuudad

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I've tried blowing out pretty much every wall there, and none of them seem to get the least bit damaged, even the ones that look like they're cracked. So, the only way to them would be by cheating with a program like ArtMoney or hex-editing your location. No in-game access at all.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:I've tried blowing out pretty much every wall there, and none of them seem to get the least bit damaged, even the ones that look like they're cracked.
I think you could take out that section of cracked wall if you could place a powder keg in the square immediately adjacent to it. The problem, of course, is that there's no way to get through that metal gate first! :(

Shades of the treasure room in Hammerlorne, I'm afraid... :roll: [sigh]
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

kind of annoying that you can't get to it. how is the blacksmith supposed to get to it?
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

kelticpete wrote:kind of annoying that you can't get to it. how is the blacksmith supposed to get to it?
Presumably, he has the key to the metal gate... :wink:
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

True. Or maybe he knows there are adventurers with lockmelt or lock picks and he hasused his smith skills in some sort of creative way.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
lady dorian
Initiate

Post by lady dorian »

Decoration is also needed :D we shouldn't want it all...
Oshkell
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Oshkell »

Hah, you're all wrong! The smith secretly isn't a smith at all - he's a master elementalist! He set a teleport marker in that room before it was built, and sealed it off against our greedy selves. :)

At least... that's what *I* woulda done, if I was cool. :(
I listen,
I laugh,
I think for a while
As I sit in the dark
And smile.
Antigrav
Marshall

Post by Antigrav »

The fact that treasures are only used as decoration by their owners is the best justification for liberating them and putting them to good use!
Blaa
Pledge

Post by Blaa »

I have found that holding the left shift allows me to attack the center furnace of the three along the northwest wall of the smithy. It doesn't take any damage and I don't know what to think of that. Hitting it with the "stuff" I found inside that room doesn't create any reaction, other then putting wear on weapons. Is it a glitch, has anyone found anything like this?
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Blaa wrote:I have found that holding the left shift allows me to attack the center furnace of the three along the northwest wall of the smithy. It doesn't take any damage and I don't know what to think of that. Hitting it with the "stuff" I found inside that room doesn't create any reaction, other then putting wear on weapons. Is it a glitch, has anyone found anything like this?
Ah, interesting find. It turns out that's just a function of a peculiarity in the engine (ie: a glitch). There's a Red Light source on that tile (so it'll glow at night) and it turns out that objects with a light source can be targeted (though you won't be able to do anything with them). You'll notice that the lampposts right outside of the shop are also targetable, etc. The torch-like tiles (which use flames) won't be targetable since they generate light automatically, without requiring the extra generator on top.

Also I'm amused to find out that out of all my playthroughs of Book 2, I had never noticed this behavior. :)

Edit: Well I suppose I had sort of noticed it before, though not with respect to manually targetting. You'll see stuff like that a lot if you ever start using the Supernova spell. You'll see things onscreen taking damage which you wouldn't expect (sometimes even sound generators near waterfalls, where there's no actual item to be seen, etc).
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

xolotl wrote:Edit: Well I suppose I had sort of noticed it before, though not with respect to manually targetting. You'll see stuff like that a lot if you ever start using the Supernova spell. You'll see things onscreen taking damage which you wouldn't expect (sometimes even sound generators near waterfalls, where there's no actual item to be seen, etc).
Message trigger locations, as well, and sometimes just random spots. I see you also use Supernova to know where to look for hidden caches, though, eh? ;)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:I've tried blowing out pretty much every wall there, and none of them seem to get the least bit damaged, even the ones that look like they're cracked.
Yeah... whenever I see a room I can't get to (gate or bricked off) I automatically look for a cracked wall. So... while I didn't see any cracks in the treasure room which would've made sense to me, I did see cracks in the main room which made me think... Okay, so... I can at least enter without calling attention to myself (assuming that huge explosions in his shop don't tend to catch the blacksmith's attention) ...and therefore steal the goods without him attacking me ...Then I spent all this time collecting from my stash of explodey barrels at my home and placing them strategically at the cracked walls... nothing. I even tried this inside the shop . . . nothing. Damn, what a disappointment. (The meager reward wasn't what interested me, it was just wanting to be able to blow up a wall to get in there... and the fact that I couldn't do it was what disappointed me.)

I mean... if a wall is cracked, it should always be blow-up-able.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

That blacksmith has been driving me crazy too. Reason being that while beta testing I accidentally destroyed one of the ovens or a pile of wood. Underneath was a switch that opened the gate to the lone chest. I think I remember getting something from the chest and lamenting I didn't have any means of blowing up that wall to get to the rest of it. With all the other testing going on I never got back to try it out and when I did with the published game, it didn't work anymore! At least I think I did and that drives me nuts trying to remember if I did do it or just a dream! :x
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Real or Memorex, eh?

I'll have to try bringing in the kegs and blowing up the furnaces. If it doesn't work: thanks for wasting my time. :wink:
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.