Patch 1.5 ?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
dak
Marshall

Patch 1.5 ?

Post by dak »

I am thinking of doing another replay, but I am woundering if it is better to wait for patch 1.5 since as I understand it, there'll be an exspansion? I am assuming that exspansion will add things to the game, and not be stand-alone, so it is better to wait for it isn't it?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Patch 1.5 ?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Right now, the next release will be version 1.04, which will patch a few things and make some requested modifications to the way that certain skills and spells operate. Once that's out, BW will be finishing up the material for the expansion, which will come out in late July or early August, most likely.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
dak
Marshall

Post by dak »

Sorry if I was not clear enough, I mean whatever the expansion is something which will add for example locations, quests, creatures etc to the game, or just be an extra dungeon at end game or something. If it is the later I could go ahead and replay now...
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

dak wrote:Sorry if I was not clear enough, I mean whatever the expansion is something which will add for example locations, quests, creatures etc to the game, or just be an extra dungeon at end game or something. If it is the later I could go ahead and replay now...
From what it sounds like, it's more akin to the latter - to pull a quote from Jedi_Learner's recent post on the subject:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:This will just be an extended dungeon with some very hard foes, designed for very high-level players. It will not continue the main storyline in anyway. (Ref)
So it sounds like it'll be a big (really big?...) dungeon that's not tied to the main Quest-arc. (Note: I expect Farrock caves, Level 2, might also be added at the same time...)

Whether side-quests will be involved with the "big" dungeon or not is hard to say with what we know right now...
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

The first add-on will be the stairs underneath Farrock Caves. This is the legendary dungeon of Fathomirk. It is still in development now, so I do not know how long the gameplay will be. However, it will be tough- I think level 15 characters or higher is what it is being balanced for.

We have tentative plans for a second add-on, which is the Yoma Springs Caverns area, but that would come much later (like perhaps 6 months or so) and I am not making any promises with this one right now. It really depends on our plans for Book III and/or future games in general. Right now we're still focusing on promotion and sales of Book II.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.