New Avatars?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Gary Ratchford
Initiate

New Avatars?

Post by Gary Ratchford »

I was wondering if there is a way to import an image into either book I or book II? That would be pretty neat. If not, does anybody know if it might be an option in either the upcoming Book II expansion or Book III? This question might have been asked elsewhere, and if so, I appologize for duplicating anything. I was just curious, because looking around the forum site, I see a lot of really cool looking avatars, and I think something like that would be a good idea. :wink:
" I said to Hank Williams....how lonely does it get? Hank Williams hasn't answered yet....but I hear him coughing, all night long....A hundred floors above me, in the tower of song" -Leonard Cohen
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: New Avatars?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Gary Ratchford wrote:I was wondering if there is a way to import an image into either book I or book II? That would be pretty neat. If not, does anybody know if it might be an option in either the upcoming Book II expansion or Book III? This question might have been asked elsewhere, and if so, I appologize for duplicating anything. I was just curious, because looking around the forum site, I see a lot of really cool looking avatars, and I think something like that would be a good idea. :wink:
In the manual (which downloaded with your game and is in the game directory) it gives you instructions on the format of the mypic.png file you can use for a custom icon for your character.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Gary Ratchford
Initiate

Post by Gary Ratchford »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
Gary Ratchford wrote:I was wondering if there is a way to import an image into either book I or book II? That would be pretty neat. If not, does anybody know if it might be an option in either the upcoming Book II expansion or Book III? This question might have been asked elsewhere, and if so, I appologize for duplicating anything. I was just curious, because looking around the forum site, I see a lot of really cool looking avatars, and I think something like that would be a good idea. :wink:
In the manual (which downloaded with your game and is in the game directory) it gives you instructions on the format of the mypic.png file you can use for a custom icon for your character.
Thank you for your help. By the way....I really like your avatar picture. Is it from a game or did you create it yourself? I think it is a good one. It reminds me of King Arthur and the knights of the round table. :wink:
" I said to Hank Williams....how lonely does it get? Hank Williams hasn't answered yet....but I hear him coughing, all night long....A hundred floors above me, in the tower of song" -Leonard Cohen
Gary Ratchford
Initiate

Post by Gary Ratchford »

Gary Ratchford wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
Thank you for your help. By the way....I really like your avatar picture. Is it from a game or did you create it yourself? I think it is a good one. It reminds me of King Arthur and the knights of the round table. :wink:
I hate to bother you, but I have looked through the game manual, and I could not find anything about "mypic.png". If you can tell me what page you saw this on, I would appreciate it very much. I also looked through the book II manual, and had no luck finding anything there either. my game version of book 1 is 1.04, and for book II, it is 1.03, if this helps. Thanks in advance for any help. P.S. (if I have the wrong version of the manual, or there is a post somewhere about how to do this, please let me know, if you don't mind, because I am kinda confused. Thanks for your time) :wink:
CycyX
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by CycyX »

You can try to look at this post.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Gary Ratchford wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
My avatar on here is an edited photograph (it's actually a friend of mine, as I've never been able to stand a beard long enough to grow it that long). In Eschalon, I use a scaled version of my character avatar from Dragon Age: Origins.

The method for Book I is different from Book II, and is not talked about anywhere that I know of outside these forums. In Book II, on the character creation/level-up screen, you see a button under the Avatar that says Custom. Just hover your mouse over the button and it will show you instructions in the information window at the bottom.
---

Gorgon Rider
Marshall

Post by Gorgon Rider »

Kreador, I can understand his confusion. It does give some instructions in the window at the character creation screen in Book II, but it also tells you to look for further details in the manual. And there are none there.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Gorgon Rider wrote:Kreador, I can understand his confusion. It does give some instructions in the window at the character creation screen in Book II, but it also tells you to look for further details in the manual. And there are none there.
Yeah, I assumed it was in the manual because it says so in that bit of text. That's what I get for assuming, eh?
---

Gary Ratchford
Initiate

Post by Gary Ratchford »

My thanks to all of you for your responses. I understand the proceedure now, and I like this customizing feature. It adds to a great series of games. Thanks, Basilisk. :)