dropping spells

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
lockjaw
Initiate

dropping spells

Post by lockjaw »

I've run into a spell limit because of my wisdom.

Is there any way to "drop" spells to make room for new ones.

If there isn't, there should be !

I'd much rather have stonesking rather than leatherskin :)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: dropping spells

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

lockjaw wrote:I've run into a spell limit because of my wisdom.

Is there any way to "drop" spells to make room for new ones.

If there isn't, there should be !

I'd much rather have stonesking rather than leatherskin :)
You cannot unlearn spells. All you can do is try to find a way to temporarily (or at level-up permanently) raise your Wisdom (or Intelligence if you're running into the same problem with Elemental magic).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
lockjaw
Initiate

Post by lockjaw »

that's what I figured.

thanks for confirming
tungprc
Marshall

Post by tungprc »

On that topic: If you're using both elemental and divine magic be sure to focus more on wisdom than intellect. Why? There are two +3 intellect rings and no corresponding wisdom ring. You'll find a +3 hat to both stats but only intelligence gets the rings. It'd be nice if there were some enchants to armor that raised int and wis, but this is one of the many areas that is lacking in the item world. Maybe in an expansion.
obiwan
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by obiwan »

If you make an unwise decision, there is the possibility to gain at least one wisdom ring though...

It is only +2 however (IIRC).
Rebelicious
Steward

Post by Rebelicious »

tungprc wrote:On that topic: If you're using both elemental and divine magic be sure to focus more on wisdom than intellect. Why? There are two +3 intellect rings and no corresponding wisdom ring. You'll find a +3 hat to both stats but only intelligence gets the rings. It'd be nice if there were some enchants to armor that raised int and wis, but this is one of the many areas that is lacking in the item world. Maybe in an expansion.
It's sad that there appears to be at least semi-random weapons, some even with enchants, but absolutely zero such randomization on the armour/clothes side of things.

Still looking for anything to boost Alchemy.

There isn't anything, is there? ;__;
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Rebelicious wrote:
tungprc wrote:On that topic: If you're using both elemental and divine magic be sure to focus more on wisdom than intellect. Why? There are two +3 intellect rings and no corresponding wisdom ring. You'll find a +3 hat to both stats but only intelligence gets the rings. It'd be nice if there were some enchants to armor that raised int and wis, but this is one of the many areas that is lacking in the item world. Maybe in an expansion.
It's sad that there appears to be at least semi-random weapons, some even with enchants, but absolutely zero such randomization on the armour/clothes side of things.

There are Brewmaster +2 rings...which are alchemy boosters. Wear two rings and you get +4 alchemy beside any levels you already have. If you don't have any levels, it still allows you to make the lower level potions.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Rebelicious wrote:It's sad that there appears to be at least semi-random weapons, some even with enchants, but absolutely zero such randomization on the armour/clothes side of things.
Well, there is a little bit of randomization on the armour/clothes side, but I agree it's disappointingly limited. Still, there's a bit more variety than book 1 had.
Rebelicious
Steward

Post by Rebelicious »

Dragonlady wrote:
Rebelicious wrote:

There are Brewmaster +2 rings...which are alchemy boosters. Wear two rings and you get +4 alchemy beside any levels you already have. If you don't have any levels, it still allows you to make the lower level potions.
I've heard rumors about all kinds of randomized loot, but I have actually seen very little. I haven't seen any Brewmaster +2 Rings, even though I'm level 20 now and in the last "chapter" of the game.

On the other hand, I only just received my first Portal spell scroll. The random seed generator hates me; there is no other answer. First and last time I play hardcore. D:
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Rebelicious wrote:I've heard rumors about all kinds of randomized loot, but I have actually seen very little. I haven't seen any Brewmaster +2 Rings, even though I'm level 20 now and in the last "chapter" of the game.
If you played Book I, the "new" Brewmaster's Rings look like the "old" Ring of Sparks from Book I.

(I'm not sure why BW moved around all the Ring image 'tiles' in Book II from Book I, but he did - so the "old" Ring of Hawk is now the "new" Move Silently Ring, and the "old" Brewmaster Rings are the "new" Dodge Rings, etc... :roll: :wink: )
Rebelicious
Steward

Post by Rebelicious »

I actually managed to get a Brewmaster's ring straight away on my second playthrough (haven't actually finished the first, yet). Of course, this time I don't really need it, since I'm running a pure mage.

Godammit.