Don't like to have follow Secret Society Scripts !SPOILERS!

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
mytgroo
Steward

Don't like to have follow Secret Society Scripts !SPOILERS!

Post by mytgroo »

Hello,
I don't like the linear setup script for this game in some ways. I would like to be able to finish the game without having to rely on the secret society. I have finished everything but the travel to the island. I don't want to destroy the Crux of Fire. I would like an alternate ending where I can kill General Gorrh and end differently. It is annoying to have to follow a script.
I have cleaned out the mines got all four bells, got the crux of fire, but I cannot go to the final island unless I play along with the secret society. I don't want to do this. It ruins the game. I should be able to buy passage to Picaroon island without the secret society script. Quite frankly, I want to wipe the society out.
I like to think there are three endings in well defined roleplaying games, the good guys, the bad guys, and the self-interested character who wants it all for himself.
I would like to be able to get to Picaroon Island on my own.

Regards,

MytGroo
I am Myt where's the cheese dip.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Don't like to have follow Secret Society Scripts

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I agree.

The problem we had with Book 2 is that it is a story sandwiched between two other stories. This limits how much freedom we can give the player to do anything they want.

Our goals for Book 3 will be to allow even more freedom than either B1 or B2 so you can play the game how you wish, with at least 3 major endings. Since there will not be a fourth game, we can allow you to end the trilogy any way you want.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
mytgroo
Steward

Post by mytgroo »

There is no reason that there can't be a way for the player to get to the island without a script just so they can wander around and kill things. Just put in a way for them to get to the island that has nothing to do with secret society. Maybe someone wants you to kill General Gorrh as part of a quest. This would be a way to avoid the secret society thing. It would allow for getting to Picaroon island without having to destroy the Crux. Call it prevent an invasion quest.

There should be a script for saboteur. You kill Korren get a message that he is dead, then find directions to the island where you can kill General Gorrh or something similar. It would attract more people to play the game. This is rather limited thinking. In the Spiderweb Software Games there are multiple endings. This is true of many other games. If you look at the Star Wars games there is a good and bad guy ending. Two endings. These endings don't always follow logically into the next game. This is part of what makes games so enjoyable. Being too logical isn't always a good thing.
I am Myt where's the cheese dip.
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

Maybe Korren and the secret society are needed in Book III.
tungprc
Marshall

Post by tungprc »

Yep, he disappeared in a cloud of dust and a mighty Hi-Ho Silver beam of light :)
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Jedi_Learner wrote:I don't think Korren will be returning for Book III. He was reduced to nothing more than a cloud of ash in the ending cinematic...
Unless you killed him first! :twisted:
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Jedi_Learner wrote:I don't think Korren will be returning for Book III. He was reduced to nothing more than a cloud of ash in the ending cinematic...
Really? He died? Yeah, you're probably right.

Although I wonder if you left a cloud of dust behind when you were zapped out of the Crux chamber.

:shock: :wink: :D
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
tungprc
Marshall

Re: Don't like to have follow Secret Society Scripts !SPOILE

Post by tungprc »

My fruit of the looms was the only thing left when I arrived at Camp Nowhere.
stone
Initiate

Post by stone »

put him in a talking portrait like a hogwart's headmaster - LOL

anything can happen but he does seem to have toasted in the end...

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Really? He died? Yeah, you're probably right.

Although I wonder if you left a cloud of dust behind when you were zapped out of the Crux chamber.

:shock: :wink: :D
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Jedi_Learner wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Really? He died? Yeah, you're probably right.

If Korren isn't dead, then why would the *One* teleport him out of the Crux chamber? The only reason I can think of is that he wants to turn Korren and the player, but if this was the case he would of sent his minions to the Crius Vindica hideout in the Forsaken Coast long before you reached Talushorn. Sparrow knew the location, and she was a slave to the *One*.

It is implied that the *One* made Wendy bludgeon to death her brother. And someone hired Zeblin to assassinate Darus. The *One* will not tolerate anyone standing in his way. Korren dared speak out in the Crux chamber, and he was the first to die. In the ending cinematic, the image of Korren being struck by a red beam while in great pain, and how the music changes when this image appears only strengthens the position that Korren is dead.

Shina mentions that her physical body is about to be destroyed. Does this have any relevance to the ending cinematic?
I don't think Sparrow was a slave to the One. I read it as she just decided that Korren and his mission were nuts and she was going to stop anyone who disagreed. Wendy's brother was killed, we think, because of his research into the Orakur. We never get the chance to ask her about the boots, so we don't know if they were hers, or if the killer came by and dropped them off (given the proximity of the barrel to the well, that may have been the crazy acolyte).

There are lots of hints, and we're all jumping around from conclusion to conclusion based on hints BW has planted, but I for one am waiting to see how he brings the storytelling together in Book III.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Wendy used to talk to Julian and worked with the monastery. That's where her problems started.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Well, it was probably just me putting thoughts on the characters for my own game play. In my head, Sparrow chose to go with The One because she thought he'd be the ultimate winner, rather than because she was mind controlled. It's how I roll play my interactions with her, so don't go confusing me with facts. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.