Finished the game [SPOILER!!!!!]

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Bob the Thief
Apprentice

Finished the game [SPOILER!!!!!]

Post by Bob the Thief »

Just finished the game. Played at the normal level. The final climax was a bit of a letdown. Once General Ghorr is dispatched, there is just mopping up to do and then you find the Crux. Once you summon Korren with the looking glass you're done.

Perhaps if you don't agree with Korren about destroying the Crux stones you should have to fight him for it. If you win then maybe the space aliens come and take the stones. If you are defeated, then Korren does what he wants to and the would goes to hell (or whatever). As you breath your last you realize that Korren was misguided and you should have done what the Orakur said and protected the stones.

Having the space aliens come and end the story reminds me of the last Indiana Jones flick.... "We can't figure out how to get out of this, so let's have the answer be space aliens. Bright lights. Flying saucers. Yeah.... that's the ticket!"

That all being said, I did enjoy playing the game a great deal. The whole thing is very well done. The game was challenging and a lot fun.

Hopefully we won't have to wait 2-3 years for the next installment. I'm ready to play it now.
Last edited by Bob the Thief on July 21st, 2010, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Finished the game

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Congrats on finishing the game and we're glad you enjoyed it enough to look forward to the third.

We are working on a free add-on adventure for Book II that will be ready later this summer. In this add-on we reveal a few more clues regarding the true reality of the Orakur, though full disclosure will have to wait for the final game.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Bob the Thief
Apprentice

Post by Bob the Thief »

P.S. Since the story is "To Be concluded..." in the third installment, perhaps there should be an option to start the third chapter with the player character from the end of the second, instead of building up a new character again.

This may make game balance a problem. Some people will start with fresh characters (level 1) and others would start with experienced ones (level 22).

On the other hand there is the amnesia thing that has been used in the beginning of Book 2 and I believe in Book 1 which explains starting from scratch again. Maybe there could be random events that cause your character to suddenly "remember" previously known skills, abilities, recipes, and spells in the third book (i.e. getting bashed in the head by some ugly, caught in the concussion from blowing up a XXX cask, having a dream while resting, etc.).
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Bob the Thief wrote:P.S. Since the story is "To Be concluded..." in the third installment, perhaps there should be an option to start the third chapter with the player character from the end of the second, instead of building up a new character again.

This may make game balance a problem. Some people will start with fresh characters (level 1) and others would start with experienced ones (level 22).

On the other hand there is the amnesia thing that has been used in the beginning of Book 2 and I believe in Book 1 which explains starting from scratch again. Maybe there could be random events that cause your character to suddenly "remember" previously known skills, abilities, recipes, and spells in the third book (i.e. getting bashed in the head by some ugly, caught in the concussion from blowing up a XXX cask, having a dream while resting, etc.).
This last is a nice idea. Having forgotten everything is a bit much for the third time! The shock of landing in your birthday suit with only a large gemstone to use as a bashing weapon is a bit much. :wink: Hopefully the hints we will get soon will help. I just hope I can weave leaves together to make cape or something. Jungle insects can be a bit of a bother to bare skin!! :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:We are working on a free add-on adventure for Book II that will be ready later this summer.
Hey, BW - please facilitate making the add-on "donateware" then, with easy one-click buttons to donate (could Plimus handle this? would they need to?!...) upon obtaining the add-on. Thanks! :)
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

IJBall wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:We are working on a free add-on adventure for Book II that will be ready later this summer.
Hey, BW - please facilitate making the add-on "donateware" then, with easy one-click buttons to donate (could Plimus handle this? would they need to?!...) upon obtaining the add-on. Thanks! :)
I second this idea. I'd be happy to throw in some funds to support my local indie game developer.
silverkitty
Senior Council Member

Post by silverkitty »

Or you could play an unrelated character who finds a mad man wandering around the woods naked with a gem muttering something about "the crossroads or a kind of mangy dog" and you take this poor person in and get taken into the quest. just sayin'.
JfpOne23
Initiate

Post by JfpOne23 »

The OP should probably made most of that first post a "spoiler" since I pretty much found out the ending and I just started the game a few nights ago. Oh well.
Bob the Thief
Apprentice

Re: Finished the game [SPOILER!!!!!]

Post by Bob the Thief »

Another thing that made the ending easier was that the Taurax (even the general) did nothing to avoid the lava squares. Using haste potions (and Dense Nimbus for the spears) it was possible to move from one side of the arena to the other such that the baddies would walk back and forth across the lava taking ~15-25 points of damage on each lava square. A fair amount of damage 30-50% was done to them this way.

At least the general should have been smart enough to avoid the lava.
Rowanas
Council Member

Re: Finished the game [SPOILER!!!!!]

Post by Rowanas »

Jedi_Learner wrote:
JfpOne23 wrote:The OP should probably made most of that first post a "spoiler" since I pretty much found out the ending and I just started the game a few nights ago. Oh well.
Considering the title of this thread, it shouldn't of been a stretch to assume that the poster was going to talk about the ending. Exercise caution in future. :P
Jedi learner is probably too polite to say it, but you are a numpty :D