thanks and a few questions

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
nomo
Initiate

thanks and a few questions

Post by nomo »

so first of all thanks to the creator of this great game.

i just collected all the goblin keys so am in the position to complete the game. however, first, i want to go and complete all the quests i can, so i have a couple of questions

first of all, is there any way to get back into the repository after you have the crux? i went and killed lilith to get her amulet. but then, when i went back, i can no longer tell the innkeeper in blackwater the secret name to get back to the room with the secret door and thus the repository.... i tried bashing the fake door down too.

is there a weapon/armour list for book 1? with all the types listed?

can you start book 2 with your character from book 1!?

and i've read on the forum rumours on book 3. is there a date for it's release yet?

thanks
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: thanks and a few questions

Post by SpottedShroom »

nomo wrote:first of all, is there any way to get back into the repository after you have the crux? i went and killed lilith to get her amulet. but then, when i went back, i can no longer tell the innkeeper in blackwater the secret name to get back to the room with the secret door and thus the repository.... i tried bashing the fake door down too.
That sounds like a bug. You should definitely be able to get back into the repository and use Lilith's key.
nomo wrote:can you start book 2 with your character from book 1!?
Unfortunately not. But on the bright side, it's a good excuse to try a different character build.
nomo
Initiate

Post by nomo »

SpottedShroom wrote:
nomo wrote:first of all, is there any way to get back into the repository after you have the crux? i went and killed lilith to get her amulet. but then, when i went back, i can no longer tell the innkeeper in blackwater the secret name to get back to the room with the secret door and thus the repository.... i tried bashing the fake door down too.
That sounds like a bug. You should definitely be able to get back into the repository and use Lilith's key.
oh dear.
do you know if you can use save game editor to load your save in a different location?
EDIT: k i checked out the save/map editor, i might just try removing the door so i can walk through and get in...

EDIT 2:
nomo wrote: is there a weapon/armour list for book 1? with all the types listed?
i found this too here
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2264&start=0&hilit=widget
:mrgreen:
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

You may want to make a zipfile of your savegame slot (before altering it) to send to BW, btw, so that possibly this bug could get addressed. I know I've had games where I've gone back to the repository multiple times without having to do anything special, so it's definitely a bug if you can't.
nomo
Initiate

Post by nomo »

im on vista business. not sure on the eschalon version, i will check later and let you know. (a friend of mine gave me his game from a while ago, so it might be an older version or something)

on the topic of bugs, my character keeps forgetting spells too...... namely the tier 3 ones. supernova stays in, but when i learn portal and the others, when i reload my game, or move to another screen i lose them again.

have finished book 1 now, going to have to buy book 2.
this is exactly what rpgs should be like!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

nomo wrote:on the topic of bugs, my character keeps forgetting spells too...... namely the tier 3 ones. supernova stays in, but when i learn portal and the others, when i reload my game, or move to another screen i lose them again.
Ah, yeah, that's a known bug from a rather old version. I'd guess that the Repository thing is related too.

I think you'll enjoy Book 2!
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

xolotl wrote:
nomo wrote:on the topic of bugs, my character keeps forgetting spells too...... namely the tier 3 ones. supernova stays in, but when i learn portal and the others, when i reload my game, or move to another screen i lose them again.
Ah, yeah, that's a known bug from a rather old version.
Yep. Nomo - make sure you've downloaded v1.05 of Book I: that's the most recent version, with almost all 'bugs' fixed.