Needed Fixes, and Suggestions, for v1.05: LIST Form

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Needed Fixes, and Suggestions, for v1.05: LIST Form

Post by IJBall »

Update: Minor update to list made today, mostly about grammatical errors/typos in a few of the Spell descriptions. (07/31/10).
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Update: One new addition to the list (obiwan's 'rapid space bar/passing exploit/issue'); in addition, a couple of entries were revised/expanded, and one entry was split into two for clarity's sake. (08/01/10).

Edit: SS's exploit/bug mentioned below added to the list.
Last edited by IJBall on August 1st, 2010, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

IJBall wrote:Update: One new addition to the list (obiwan's 'rapid space bar/passing exploit/issue'); in addition, a couple of entries were revised/expanded, and one entry was split into two for clarity's sake. (08/01/10).
On a similar note, I'll point out a thread on the Book I board where Evnissyen and I were discussing an exploit I found in the game engine. On non-Mac platforms (or only Linux maybe?) holding CTRL and the right mouse button simultaneously causes a "turbo" effect - the action you're taking happens over and over again very rapidly. It's mostly useful for recovering HP/MP quickly without camping, but can also be used to get extra turns in combat, as the screenshot in the linked post illustrates.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Update: Two additions to the 'bug' list - one in which full-screen mode and multiple monitors crashes the game (Linux only?), and an old 'exploit' where holding an item with the cursor removes its mass from your encumbrance.

In addition, some 'exploits' were collected together in their own sub-sub-category.

A few other entries were further revised/expanded. And two new suggestions were added. (08/02/10).
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Update: One new issue with killing Korren in the Crius Vindica hideout not changing the way the end-of-game plays out. Also, a few other minor (grammatical) revisions were made to the list. (08/03/10).

Update 2: Another Combat exploit added. And a Cartography suggestion added. (08/04/10).
Tyne
Pledge

Post by Tyne »

Hello! I just finished trying out both the demos and want to give feedback.

In either Book 1 or 2, If I hold down the mouse button to rapidly walk 2 tiles in a row, all on-screen npcs only get one turn instead of 2. I suspect it's the same issue as the spacebar exploit listed here. But this is particularly annoying to me because it's very easy to accidentally do, I have to pace myself to avoid cheating.

I've also seen this happen with item interaction - I can take multiple items from a container in 1 turn if I'm fast enough, or eat multiple pieces of food.

I'm not sure why, but sometimes the button that lets me switch between power mode / finesse mode / parry / normal gets stuck. Click on it and nothing happens. Only seen it happen in combat, and it seems like I have to get away from enemies to get it fixed, but it's pretty frequent. Wish I could pinpoint why it happens though, I'll try to find out.

Otherwise I really like Book #2 so far.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Tyne wrote:I'm not sure why, but sometimes the button that lets me switch between power mode / finesse mode / parry / normal gets stuck. Click on it and nothing happens. Only seen it happen in combat, and it seems like I have to get away from enemies to get it fixed, but it's pretty frequent. Wish I could pinpoint why it happens though, I'll try to find out.
I can confirm that I've also run across this issue, where hitting the Combat Modes button does nothing (dunno if it only happens during combat or not...). I think if I then do something else (like play around with the inventory?...) I can get the Combat Modes button to "unstick" (at least, I usually can, I think... I can't remember the details).

But good catch - I'll add this to the list.

Update: New issues, with: Combat Modes button sometimes not working, failing to activate the Sentinel Stalk quest with Travet in certain circumstances, and Edwin in Port K. being too "touchy" about crimes. Also 'exploit' with Plasma Wand being considered "Unarmed Combat" added. References added to the "Bugs Reported Previous to v1.04" section. And revised several of the suggestions, esp. the Cartography one, and a few other entries. (08/09/10).
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Update: Added an old bug related to issues with Korren re: skipping the Sparrow parts of the main quest-line to the list; and added new bugs re: Quick Traveling not "expiring" spells, and Magi Surami dropping a duplicate key he shouldn't. Created a new 'Exploits' subsection to the "Game Play-Combat" bugs section. And added another Cartography suggestion or two... :) (08/15/10)
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Last night, in v1.04 (on Linux), I quick-travelled from Durnore to Raven's Gate and it brought Winter Weather along with me, btw. I had thought I had seen mention that this was a bug fixed in 1.04, but perhaps it wasn't fixed All The Way.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

xolotl wrote:Last night, in v1.04 (on Linux), I quick-travelled from Durnore to Raven's Gate and it brought Winter Weather along with me, btw. I had thought I had seen mention that this was a bug fixed in 1.04, but perhaps it wasn't fixed All The Way.
I actually brought this issue up myself in the other bug thread for v1.05.

The issue is whether or not it's supposed to snow in (East) Raven's Gate. Kreador convinced me that it is is supposed to snow in E Raven's Gate, so I think we concluded that the issue you bring up here is, in fact, not a bug. :)

However, I will be adding a previously mentioned issue with Cat's Eyes and the assessment of a Darkness penalty to the bugs list soon, probably tonight... ;)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

If the snow followed you quick-traveling from Durnore to Broken Blade, I would be convinced that it's a bug, but if you look in the rocks from Raven's Gate to the water's edge, you will see snow, so I believe that is a possible weather effect in that area.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:If the snow followed you quick-traveling from Durnore to Broken Blade, I would be convinced that it's a bug, but if you look in the rocks from Raven's Gate to the water's edge, you will see snow, so I believe that is a possible weather effect in that area.
I didn't think to capture and report my snow following episode a while back. Got the snow, quick traveled to Raven's Gate and then Portaled to one of the plains areas near the 'cow tower'. Funny seeing snow in the 'desert' looking area. Didn't stop till I reloaded from a save spot.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:If the snow followed you quick-traveling from Durnore to Broken Blade, I would be convinced that it's a bug, but if you look in the rocks from Raven's Gate to the water's edge, you will see snow, so I believe that is a possible weather effect in that area.
Actually, that got me curious - in the map files themselves, there's two flags: one for "regular" weather and one for Winter weather. The East Raven's Gate entrance map doesn't actually have either set. If you don't believe me, take your char out there and camp for a few weeks! I wonder if that was intentional or not.

At any rate, I'm not so convinced that it should snow there, given that snowy weather will only ever follow you back from Nor'land, but whatever. :)
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

xolotl wrote:
Actually, that got me curious - in the map files themselves, there's two flags: one for "regular" weather and one for Winter weather. The East Raven's Gate entrance map doesn't actually have either set. If you don't believe me, take your char out there and camp for a few weeks! I wonder if that was intentional or not.
OK, now that does sound like a bug!

I'll add "no weather pre-sets for the East Raven's Gate map" to the list. :)

Edit: Has anyone tried testing maps when both "regular" and "winter" weather is set to "On"?! (It's be a cool to have a map where whether you get rain or snow would be random!... ;) )
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Update: Added another old bug issue with Cat's Eyes' 'Darkness' penalty only be assessed against attackers from certain directions (which is likely related to this discussion about Book II's 'Shield Parry' - see this post and my reply...). Also, no weather 'presets' to East Raven's Gate added. Higher damage Daggers added to suggested weapons. And the issue when both Book I and Book II apps are opened at the same time added to Misc. Issues section. (08/18/10)