Now this is a new bug...

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
mph66
Apprentice

Now this is a new bug...

Post by mph66 »

I'm running 1.05...but I think I can take 'em all!
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 1011PM.jpg
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Re: Now this is a new bug...

Post by Evnissyen »

Now, that is one hell of an organized army.

I wonder where they're all headed?
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Ooh! Ooh! Cast Supernova!

But seriously, how'd that happen?
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

SpottedShroom wrote:But seriously, how'd that happen?
I think I recall, but cannot be certain, that someone reported a similar bug in the Linux forum with one of the earlier versions of Book II.

mph66 - Are you playing Book II on a Linux?
GameFace
Initiate

Post by GameFace »

I have encountered the same exact thing but with noximanders in an earlier version (early June), I think after I switched screens. I was running the game in Windows XP. Made me think of MC Escher, sort of.
Attachments
eb2_screen11_smaller.jpg
eb2_screen11_smaller.jpg (193.67 KiB) Viewed 6302 times
mph66
Apprentice

Post by mph66 »

I'm running 1.05, on a Macbook, OS 10.6.5, 4 GB RAM. Never happened before, even on earlier version. Quite interesting, but can't leave that area because when you try to point the arrow "up" you get the attack icon (sword). I just quit without saving (I save very frequently, as I just reroll chests until I get the goodz.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

That's a pretty crazy glitch; never seen that myself.
mph66 wrote:Quite interesting, but can't leave that area because when you try to point the arrow "up" you get the attack icon (sword).
In case something like that happens in the future, remember that you can always use the arrow keys to move.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

...Or Quicktravel, I'd assume, but still, the question remains: If the horizon is but a legion of tauraxes... and you strike and kill one of said legionnaires... have you then torn a hole in the universe? Sort of? Has a piece of the horizon just died? And if so... what happens next?
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
The Muffinator
Pledge

Post by The Muffinator »

Hello folks,

I'm the fellow who reported this under the 1.04 Linux version. Post is here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4094

In my case, it was one of the beetles in the pine forest that wandered off into the Twilight Zone and replicated like mad. The details are in my earlier post, so I won't rehash too much of them here.

Just FYI, here are the relevant points I found...
(a) the enemy was in "aggro" mode, but couldn't get to me because of obstacles, and hence wandered off the edge of the map.
(b) It was possible to TARGET the zillions of enemies (cursor changed), but not actually attack them, even with a ranged weapon. Clicking did nothing--no attack.
(c) It was NOT possible to walk off the edge of the map, even with the cursor keys--the game would not allow it.
(d) I got around the issue by using QuickTravel, stupidly forgetting to save the game-state with the zillions of enemies so BW could maybe figure out the problem.

Peace,
-The Muffinator
"Ain't never met a muffin that could get the best of me.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

After some thought, I vote we keep this bug.