Can't open sack behind sconse/wall.

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Eddward
Initiate

Can't open sack behind sconse/wall.

Post by Eddward »

Hi. I tried to search on this and had not luck. I defeated an opponent who was carrying an item I need. (A key) The opponent was standing next to (behind) a wall that had a torch on the front when I defeat it. I can see the treasure sack on the map but I cannot click on it to open it. It instead tells me I cannot reach the torch on the other side of the wall.

This is a case of the isometric view getting in the way. Is there a way to open the sack behind the wall/torch or do I have to start over? (I've been just using the quick save and I saved after defeating the opponent.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Can't open sack behind sconse/wall.

Post by IJBall »

Eddward wrote:Hi. I tried to search on this and had not luck. I defeated an opponent who was carrying an item I need. (A key) The opponent was standing next to (behind) a wall that had a torch on the front when I defeat it. I can see the treasure sack on the map but I cannot click on it to open it. It instead tells me I cannot reach the torch on the other side of the wall.

This is a case of the isometric view getting in the way. Is there a way to open the sack behind the wall/torch or do I have to start over? (I've been just using the quick save and I saved after defeating the opponent.
Nope - this is a known bug. It's just a limitation of the current Book II game engine. Basically, your only option is to exit that game, load up an earlier save, and try that encounter again, making sure (if you can) that you beat that opponent in a spot where their loot sack won't drop behind a wall-torch, wall-sign, or wall-painting.

Good luck!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Also, in the case of that key, there is another place you can get it, or you can pick the lock or break the door down (I believe, never tried breaking it myself--I suggest carrying lots of explosives).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Eddward
Initiate

Post by Eddward »

Wow. Nasty bug. I'll see if I can blow up the door. I guess I'll have to start doing named saves. It's a shame the quick save doesn't keep the last 3 (or so) quick saves.

Thanks for the advice!