Load old characters

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Load old characters

Post by Vroqren »

I know it may be a bit stretched, but I think it would be super cool if you found a way to make the saved files from Book II and convert them into files for Book III. Then, the starting creatures, instead of being something new, or something that was a starting creature before could be something that was supposed to be pretty hard at the end of Book II. Then, players could start with what was the best sword in Book II, but in Book III it's pretty much useless. They could also keep the skills they spent time to level up etc. I'm not quite sure if it's possible, but if it is - even if it's only the skills they can keep, it would be super useful, cool, and it would make players happy.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Load old characters

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

It would make it very hard to balance the game, though, for people who come to Book III without having played either of the other two, or people who just want to try different things than they did in Book II and/or Book I.

I am looking forward, however, to seeing one of the enterprising folks around here use the modding tools BW plans to release with Book III and rebuild Books I and II so that the entire world of Eschalon can become one big campaign.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
AXS
Apprentice

Post by AXS »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
I am looking forward, however, to seeing one of the enterprising folks around here use the modding tools BW plans to release with Book III and rebuild Books I and II so that the entire world of Eschalon can become one big campaign.
That would be fantastic :)

All the eschalon world in a single piece and expanded by the players, would be awesome!!.

Also like the idea of having a character going up from level 1 to X > 30 , i feel a little short 30 , i know is awfully hard to balance further levels , but one can dream :mrgreen:
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Me, I wanna be able to import myself. Not Tron-style -- I don't want to actually be there -- but a representation of myself.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

That would be nice. You get to choose facial characteristics, and you can choose what skills you have. Unfortunately, everyone would see it as an opportunity to start the game with level 9999 in everything.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

Unfortunately, everyone would see it as an opportunity to start the game with level 9999 in everything.
Just like in real life... :mrgreen:
Ladez
Apprentice

Post by Ladez »

Last edited by Ladez on May 10th, 2013, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPGamer
Apprentice

Post by RPGamer »

Vroqren wrote:I know it may be a bit stretched, but I think it would be super cool if you found a way to make the saved files from Book II and convert them into files for Book III. Then, the starting creatures, instead of being something new, or something that was a starting creature before could be something that was supposed to be pretty hard at the end of Book II. Then, players could start with what was the best sword in Book II, but in Book III it's pretty much useless. They could also keep the skills they spent time to level up etc. I'm not quite sure if it's possible, but if it is - even if it's only the skills they can keep, it would be super useful, cool, and it would make players happy.
well, in the end of book ii, if you followed the main storyline, the end cutscene mentioned your equipment being gone, so I don't think the weapon idea would work
Re3st1mat3d
Initiate

Post by Re3st1mat3d »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:I am looking forward, however, to seeing one of the enterprising folks around here use the modding tools BW plans to release with Book III and rebuild Books I and II so that the entire world of Eschalon can become one big campaign.
I'd be available for the testing of said mod. :D
This is top Notch. hehe