Weapons

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
onlynoly
Initiate

Weapons

Post by onlynoly »

I'm just wondering...does the length of your weapon (i.e. Two handed swords, Long spears, etc..) affect the range of your attack? I mean, does long weapons reach two spaces in front of you?
The only way to find your way is to get lost first...
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Weapons

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

No. Only ranged weapons reach past adjacent squares, except for that one special monster in Fathamurk that can reach two squares with a melee weapon.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
onlynoly
Initiate

Post by onlynoly »

Geez... What a waste! And I was about to buy a two-handed weapon from a merchant in Port Kuudad! Tnx Kreador!
But did u notice sometimes u can still reach a fleeing opponent even if its already on its way to two spaces away from you? Or is it your speed in swinging your melee weapon that does the trick?
The only way to find your way is to get lost first...
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

It's an exploit in the movement system that sometimes if you move toward a fleeing opponent (particularly a slow mover like the boarheads) and swing at the same time, you can get a swing in as well before they move out of range.

Also, though, despite being called two-handed weapons, you can still use a shield with them, so it's really just a matter of name, not actual function.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Two-handed weapons tend to do more damage than one-handed weapons. The being able to use a shield or torch with them should be fixed in Book 3.