Stuck in the Ossuary: the new method.

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
BlahBlah
Pledge

Stuck in the Ossuary: the new method.

Post by BlahBlah »

Working at completing the game and liking it very much.

But I'm stuck in the Ossuary. Not on the chest puzzle, which seems to be the main problem there. In fact, I haven't even seen that puzzle.

I'm stuck just after defeating the first Poltergeist. There is a door in the same room, that has a lever on the other side. The answer must be very obvious, but I'm stuck after endlessly backtracking and after that poring through walkthroughs.

So make me hit my forehead and tip me off. :oops:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Stuck in the Ossuary: the new method.

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

If you had to hit something at a distance, what would you do?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

There's kind of another solution, too, but it involves coming at the problem from a different direction.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

If you really want to know, I'll explain both of the things they said, as well as your problem with the chests. If you don't just want a spoiler, then it's simple - don't read this text.

Kreador Freeaxe's solution - throw a rock at the lever, or shoot it with an arrow. That will activate the lever.
SpottedShrooms solution - Skip this for now. Go to Crakamir, and in the second region to the north, go all the way to the north. There is a cave. Go through there and work your way back through the Ossuary backwards.
Solution to the chests - Womb of a tree: And apple, Consumed by fire: Ash, Endless circle of metal: Any ring, preferably tin or copper, because they are cheap, The other one - (sorry, I forgot, it's something about bashing things): Any bludgeoning weapon, preferably a wooden cudgel, because it is cheap.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

SpottedShroom wrote:There's kind of another solution, too, but it involves coming at the problem from a different direction.
You know, I've never actually tried that. For some reason I assumed you couldn't get through that way until you did the part in the middle.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I never thought about it either, until he made that post. Sounds like an interesting way. I was wondering if there would be parts you couldn't pass, due to levers and such, but I can't check, because my Book I file got corrupted.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Actually, the first time I played Book I I did it Spotted's way by accident.........