[Spoiler Request] Blackwater - Divine Ore Quest

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Asharak
Apprentice

[Spoiler Request] Blackwater - Divine Ore Quest

Post by Asharak »

Where is the group of mercenaries that has the blacksmith's ore? There's a group of mercenaries south of Blackwater, but they're related to a different quest, and I found two more groups in the area immediately to the east of Blackwater (one around some ruined buildings in the south-west corner, and one near the path out of the area to the east) but neither seemed to have any ore.

Did I miss a chest? Is the ore somewhere else? Is it possible the quest is bugged?

- Ash
dryden
Apprentice

Post by dryden »

It must be in one of the sinkholes - I haven't found it yet either. Or solved the #26 pendant quest in BW. I wonder if they are related?
Asharak
Apprentice

Post by Asharak »

Thanks for the response. I can't imagine they're related - what sort of mercenaries hide out in Noximander-infested sinkholes - but it is, admittedly, the only place on that map I haven't been.
dryden wrote:Or solved the #26 pendant quest in BW. I wonder if they are related?
They aren't related. I did that one almost as soon as I arrived in Blackwater:
SPOILER wrote:By the south 'exit' of town (the one that's closed up) there's a woman in a house that complains about a horrible smell next door that no one will do anything about. Go next door. You'll find a dead body and a note. The note will indicate that...something...will happen if you tell the innkeeper you need a room for the night and give him a particular name. That's how you get into the Repository.
- Ash
dryden
Apprentice

Post by dryden »

Nice. Thanks.
dagorkan
Initiate

Post by dagorkan »

There's a 'Mysterious Cave' in Tanglewood, just west I think of the Ossuary map which is defended by a mercenary standing outside it. I assume that's where the Ore is but I can't open the one door I can see in that cave, there's a weight sensitive plate in front of it but it does nothing, nothing else I can see of use in that cave.
dryden
Apprentice

Post by dryden »

I was in that cave also, could not figure anything out either. Never found the ore.

I'm now in the tower trying to puzzle out the "give me strength" "heal me" chests. Puzzles in the tower, I do not like puzzle games much, hated Myst, but a few in the game are not too bad.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

HINT wrote:With a bit of light the solution may be clearer....
dryden
Apprentice

Post by dryden »

That was a nice hint, Thank you!
Asharak
Apprentice

Post by Asharak »

dryden wrote:I'm now in the tower trying to puzzle out the "give me strength" "heal me" chests.
That one's not terribly hard, but if you can't figure it out:
SPOILER wrote:Place items that relate to the chest descriptions in each chest.

I don't think it was a coincidence that other rooms on that level provided me with a Healing Elixir and a Potion of Ogre Strength...
- Ash
dryden
Apprentice

Post by dryden »

Thanks, I did figure it out, but the Orge strength potion was "unidentified" until I took it to town, then all became clear. Now for the Giants!
Asharak
Apprentice

Post by Asharak »

dryden wrote:Thanks, I did figure it out, but the Orge strength potion was "unidentified" until I took it to town, then all became clear. Now for the Giants!
OK, maybe you can spoil me on that one: how in heaven's name do I get to the Giants? I have no idea where to go. The Blackwater map doesn't have a road/bridge heading west, I can't go through Crakamir or through Darkford and around the other side of the river. I'm stumped. :?

- Ash
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I'm not telling. But I will say that there are three ways to get into Crakamir.
Jaesun
Senior Steward

Post by Jaesun »

Unfortunately I found this cave early on and killed the Bandit or whatever he was, outside of the entrance. Now (I SO wish we could have a map notes option) I am trying to find it again. Is it located in the Central Tangletree Forest area correct? I'm ripping my hair out trying to remember where this was. Could anyone help? :/
Asharak
Apprentice

Post by Asharak »

Jaesun wrote:Unfortunately I found this cave early on and killed the Bandit or whatever he was, outside of the entrance. Now (I SO wish we could have a map notes option) I am trying to find it again. Is it located in the Central Tangletree Forest area correct? I'm ripping my hair out trying to remember where this was. Could anyone help? :/
It's not in Central Tangletree. It's actually on the Northeastern Crakamir map (as dagorkan says, that's the map immediately west of the Tangletree Ossuary map, and immediately south of Western Tangletree) - the eastern part of the map is just one simple forest trail, before it opens up in the western half to the plain with the gate into Crakamir. The cave is along that forest trail. Just walk that trail once; you can't miss it. :)

- Ash
Jaesun
Senior Steward

Post by Jaesun »

Asharak wrote:
Jaesun wrote:Unfortunately I found this cave early on and killed the Bandit or whatever he was, outside of the entrance. Now (I SO wish we could have a map notes option) I am trying to find it again. Is it located in the Central Tangletree Forest area correct? I'm ripping my hair out trying to remember where this was. Could anyone help? :/
It's not in Central Tangletree. It's actually on the Northeastern Crakamir map (as dagorkan says, that's the map immediately west of the Tangletree Ossuary map, and immediately south of Western Tangletree) - the eastern part of the map is just one simple forest trail, before it opens up in the western half to the plain with the gate into Crakamir. The cave is along that forest trail. Just walk that trail once; you can't miss it. :)

- Ash
Doh! I SWEAR it was in the Central Tangletree Forest area. ugh.

Thank you. :)