Keys to move?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Tharg
Pledge

Keys to move?

Post by Tharg »

So I like the look and feel of this game . I've played the beginning 10 minutes or so.

But using the mouse to move just irritates me. I hate it. Don't ask me why, cause I don't know. But for me it just doesn't work.

I want to use the numpad to move, or something similar. The only other game I have played with a similar (turn based, tiled) style is nethack (graphical tiles). For this I used the numpad and anything else now seems unintuitive. I keep moving past doors or taking extra turns while I meander around, etc..

I'm open to being persuaded that the mouse controls are better if there really is a reason but I just can't think of one for me.

So : Is there either a good reason that mouse control for movement is better, or is there a way to control movement with keys that I haven't found?

Many thanks.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Keys to move?

Post by Vroqren »

I am not aware of a movement with keys, though I too found moving with the mouse difficult for a while. Play for a few more days, you'll probably get use to it fairly quick. In can you were unaware, pressing the "w" key will lock movement, so you don't have to hold down the mouse button.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

No movement keys, no remapping of keys.

But with a click of the middle mouse you can just use it to move your character w/o clicking on the map. (automove of sorts)
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Yeah, Walk Lock definitely helps quite a bit. Here's hoping that Book 3 will include keypad-arrow movement keys, though. :)