benefits of Wisdom?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

benefits of Wisdom?

Post by dogeddie »

Am I wasting my time pumping up Wisdom in lieu of Intelligence or Perception for my magic supplemented Druid Healer? I will use the Divine magic mostly for debuffs. I have Wisdom at like 18 and had intended on pumping that up every level, with Int and Percep at only 14 or so. The more I read about Wisdom, the less I understand it's usefulness. Any advice is appreciated. :wink:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: benefits of Wisdom?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Magic users are best off pumping PER first, for the greater increase in mana gained per level and mana regeneration rate. You will want WIS high enough so that you can learn Tier 3 spells, but you can up that down the road. And, it's a good habit to get stats to even 5s (15, 20, etc) as the formulas use truncated numbers rather than rounded numbers in figuring mana/hp increase. 15 Per gets you one more mana per level than 14 or 12 or 10.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by dogeddie »

Thanks - what level does my Wisdom need to be for let's say, level 2 spells?
I had read that Wisdom pumped up Divine spells, while Intelligence pumped up Elemental spells. Sound about right?

BTW - where do you get the info that tells you about these formulas and how much one needs to increase a given skill to receive a given benefit? I hate to keep asking :oops:

Edit - Ding ding ding - I found the Wiki page - have what I need!
dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by dogeddie »

http://eschalon.wikia.com/wiki/Eschalon_RPG_Wiki

Crap - I see this is for Book 2. Are the stats and ability scores basically the same for either game?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

You can find most of the information by going through the links in Strategy Central here: http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... f=3&t=4259
---

blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

according to the tooltip, wisdom is also used for your mana pool as a healer.

is this wrong?
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

blatherbeard wrote:according to the tooltip, wisdom is also used for your mana pool as a healer.
Unless I'm remembering wrong, Wisdom determines the maximum number of Divination spells you can memorize at once, and does help add more mana to your pool when you level up (though I believe that other attributes like Perception do the same re: MP pool).
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

xolotl wrote:
blatherbeard wrote:according to the tooltip, wisdom is also used for your mana pool as a healer.
Unless I'm remembering wrong, Wisdom determines the maximum number of Divination spells you can memorize at once, and does help add more mana to your pool when you level up (though I believe that other attributes like Perception do the same re: MP pool).

I was just going by what the tooltip was saying, i havent actually kept track of how many mana points you get via one or the other. I just kind of assumed when it said, healers use WIS and Mages use INT, that it would be that way.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

xolotl wrote:
The number of learnable spells is only limited in Book II, not in Book I. In Book I, Wisdom increases the mana pool at a rate of 1 point per level up for every 10 Wisdom for Healers only, plus 1 point for every 5 PER for everyone up to the maximum of +11 per levelup (If I'm recalling that cap correctly for Book I--it's been a while). All others the mana pool stats are INT (I believe, but there may be a variation I'm forgetting) and PER.
---