Dungeon Craft

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Dungeon Craft

Post by Rune_74 »

I'm not sure how many of you were into the gold box AD&D games back in the day, but I recently(after reading that news post about playing old games) got into playing unlimited adventures, many excellent RP mods out there, and they play quite well.

However, I also found a modern up to date open source version called dungeoncraft.

It allows you to make gold box style games with pretty much ease, and it runs very well. I'm new at it myself, but I have been able to easily figure out how to add walls, make maps, add extra art, create encounters and import and use an overland map travel system…it works very well as long as you use a certain size for your inputed map…and you can use any you want.

I think many of you who would like to create an adventure would enjoy it, check it out at:

http://uaf.sourceforge.net/index.html

Also, check out the forums for more info(not just on Dungeon craft but also UA)

http://ua.reonis.com/index.php

I have made a prelude to an adventure series I was thinking of doing...its about 70% done.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Dungeon Craft

Post by sirdilznik »

Sweet! I grew up on AD&D Gold Box RPGs (and Sierra On-Line adventures). This is something I'll definitely give a try.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

It takes a little bit to figure out, but once you do it is quite easy.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Nice, I messed around with this a year or two ago... looks like it's progressing quite nicely.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

The nice thing about it is that it is so easy to use....already there is enough artwork out there that you wouldn't have to make any of your own...however I have made some;)