just a few questions from one who just finished the game

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Tarsul
Pledge

just a few questions from one who just finished the game

Post by Tarsul »

Hi guys, i really enjoyed my time with eschalon. Really, feels like living in the 90s again (i mean, the good 90s!).

Funny thing about the game was that you never knew when the ending would arrive, it came faster as I expected but thats ok. It just left a few questions that i didnt get an answer to: (i hope its ok to ask here, because researching these things takes hours and you guys know it by heart!)

1. what was the lighthouse good for? I was there, lighted it up, gained 500 exp, went to the backdoorexit and saw a boat that said to me: do it, go on a trip! But when i came nearer it never wanted to.

2. was the shady man who wanted me to kill lilith ever going to give me a second job? He always said so, but he never did?!

Thanks for the great game. i could complain about little things, but i'd better play book 2 and complain about that... :D
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: just a few questions from one who just finished the game

Post by Randomizer »

1. The lighthouse has the experience reward for lighting it. The boat was meant to be used to access the Ash Island for more quests and exploration, but it was never done in order to get the game released. There is a myth that someday the game will be updated to the Book 3 game engine and Ash Island will be accessible.

2. The Shady Man wants you to kill Lilith so he can obtain her amulet and the loot that it unlocks in the Underground Repository. If you give he that amulet after getting the loot, then you will see him again when he tries to get the loot from you.
Tarsul
Pledge

Post by Tarsul »

thanks for the answers!

actually, i gave him the amulet after getting the loot but he never attacked me. How did that normally play out?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

You steal the sword, then give him the amulet. Then, when you walk into certain areas, he attacks you and you can either say -
"Nope, that stuff is mine now"
"I'm sorry, here's 100 gold for your trouble!" (Don't do it, he just steals it with no way to get it back)
"What are you talking about?"

Either way, you end up fighting him, and about 4 of the Barean Mercenaries.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests