At the Crux of Ages without the looking glass

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
clocknova
Pledge

At the Crux of Ages without the looking glass

Post by clocknova »

So, in order to save room and weight in my inventory before exploring Fathamurk, I left a bunch of stuff, including the magic looking glass, in my cabin. Now I find myself at the top of Talushorn, standing in front of the Crux of Ages, and realizing that I forgot to retrieve the looking glass. With the door to the rest of the fortress closed behind me, how do I get back out to get the glass. Unfortunately I've already saved over my older save, so I cannot reload. Any ideas?
clocknova
Pledge

Re: At the Crux of Ages without the looking glass

Post by clocknova »

Hmmm. Apparently it is not possible to exit the level and now I'm screwed. The last save I have is from many, many hours of game time ago and I'm not replaying that much of the game just to see the ending. So, I think I'll just read up on what happens at the end of the game and pretend that I finished, considering how close I must be to the end. But I think that this is the kind of thing that should probably be addressed in a patch. Perhaps not allowing the player into the tower without the glass? Anything, because this really sucks.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

You could try using the map editorhttp://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... =12&t=3856 to move past the barrier and retrieve the item.
Mod
Apprentice

Post by Mod »

Or just use the character editor to give you the item...