Zork: Grand Inquisitor

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Zork: Grand Inquisitor

Post by Evnissyen »

I just bought this the other day because GOG was having a sale on their Zork titles and thought this one looked pretty good. Man... I like it, it's a fun game, amusing... . I've only just started playing it, so I'll see as time goes on.

"...Violators of the Curfew will be incarcerated, lacerated and/or masticated... ."
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Sslaxx
Council Member

Re: Zork: Grand Inquisitor

Post by Sslaxx »

Evnissyen wrote:I just bought this the other day because GOG was having a sale on their Zork titles and thought this one looked pretty good. Man... I like it, it's a fun game, amusing... . I've only just started playing it, so I'll see as time goes on.

"...Violators of the Curfew will be incarcerated, lacerated and/or masticated... ."
Not sure if it's the best of the graphical Zork games, I think Nemesis (just) beats it to that one. Sure wish someone who gave a damn about adventure games could make another one. Such a lot of fun.

That said, not really sure it counts as an RPG...
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Well, technically every game that involves you controlling a character is a role-playing game.... you're taking on the role of that character... :mrgreen:
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

CrazyBernie wrote:Well, technically every game that involves you controlling a character is a role-playing game.... you're taking on the role of that character... :mrgreen:
I loved that one RPG where you took on the role of a ghost hunter. The levels were masterful labyrinths where spectral beasts would hunt you down, and only after consuming a special Mana wafer could you have the power to destroy them.

I think the game was called "Pac Man". :wink:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.